Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BeachAudio.com - HR20 in stock for $248.99 !!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TekGamer

TekGamer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:29 PM

I found this today:

http://www.beachaudi...oducts_id=85522

They say they have 305 of them in stock as of 09/01/2006 12:52 PM and they offer $5 ground shipping.

I purchased 2 Directv Dtva3brace Mono-pole Braces for my AT9 a few weeks ago from these guys and their shipping was very fast for basic ground to my zipcode.

Has anyone purchase D* receivers from these guys before?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   toy4two

toy4two

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:42 PM

I found this today:

http://www.beachaudi...oducts_id=85522

They say they have 305 of them in stock as of 09/01/2006 12:52 PM and they offer $5 ground shipping.

I purchased 2 Directv Dtva3brace Mono-pole Braces for my AT9 a few weeks ago from these guys and their shipping was very fast for basic ground to my zipcode.

Has anyone purchase D* receivers from these guys before?

NICE find! Just ordered one, wow those 305 are dropping fast!

Does this include the AT9 dish too??

I wonder how this compares to the "special DBS" discount that hasn't been emailed yet (soon?!?)

#3 OFFLINE   TekGamer

TekGamer

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:44 PM

It looks like it doesn't include the dish and is the receiver only, but I'm sure you can get the AT9 from D* from what I have read in other posts.

#4 OFFLINE   toy4two

toy4two

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

It looks like it doesn't include the dish and is the receiver only, but I'm sure you can get the AT9 from D* from what I have read in other posts.

Bah, the AT9 dish is selling on Ebay for $30, no big deal. I wish I could just use my OTA antenna, don't really need the new dish, just want a DVR :rolleyes:

When are they supposed to turn on the OTA?

I emailed the store to ask them when the ship date is, they say 3-5 days when I put in my Zip (San Diego) but BestBuy isn't shipping until mid-month.

#5 OFFLINE   f300v10

f300v10

Legend

• Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:25 PM

NICE find! Just ordered one, wow those 305 are dropping fast!

Does this include the AT9 dish too??

I wonder how this compares to the "special DBS" discount that hasn't been emailed yet (soon?!?)

There was no "special DBS discount", it was an email from D* telling us we could buy an HR20 from Best Buy for $399.

TekGamer, thanks for finding this deal at beach audio.

#6 OFFLINE   JMAC

JMAC

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:58 PM

Has anyone ever purchased from this store?

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,067 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:29 PM

The OP has...

#8 OFFLINE   Groundhog45

Groundhog45

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,293 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, Texas

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:30 AM

It seems strange that this place and the places selling on eBay all list the box as having only 1 ATSC tuner, when D* says it has 2. That seems like a big error. Earl has posted his picture showing the two tuners inside the box.

GH

Richard -- DirecTV since '97
Team SETI.USA

#9 OFFLINE   jtb50

jtb50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:09 AM

I have purchased numerous items from Beach,never had a problem.

#10 OFFLINE   BillyT2002

BillyT2002

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:59 AM

Why does everyone want to get one of these units so quickly (with all of the complaints on this site regarding digital audio drop outs, unit freezing, inaccurate playback during recordings, etc). What reason is there to be an early adopter on this thing when the HR10-250 works so well (albeit slow) for now? Also, why are people willing to spend nearly $300 now when they can get it later for a lot less if not free?

Am I missing something here?

#11 OFFLINE   f300v10

f300v10

Legend

• Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:56 AM

I have had bad drop outs on OTA (i.e. network) channels on my HR10 since I got it 18 months ago. I have tried 4 antennas (using a CM4228), and have tweeked the position of the antenna countless times. Sitting down to watch LOST, only to find it recorded only 30 minutes of choppy unwatchable junk gets old.

So I plan on running the HR20 and HR10 in parallel, with the HR20 recording the MPEG4 HD locals, and the HR10 using OTA. I am also looking forward to better PQ. My current H20 is clearly better than the HR10 and I expect the same from the HR20.

#12 OFFLINE   shortstop11_jeff

shortstop11_jeff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for the deal link, I just ordered mine today as well. I will call D and see if they can install me a AT9 with multiswitch when it arrives. Hoping to get a free deal on that:)

#13 OFFLINE   aggiepm

aggiepm

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:02 AM

I'm glad I saw this post, that is a way better deal then BB. I couldn't resist and I ordred one. Now I need to convince D* to upgrade my dish for free :).

And just as a random question, does anyone know if your harmony remote will control the HR20?

#14 OFFLINE   laxcoach

laxcoach

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:11 AM

...when the HR10-250 works so well (albeit slow) for now? ...

I can't answer for everyone, but I can answer for me. I have personally never liked the HR10. I moved to it from a UTV and I found it slow and clunky.

Furthermore, I live in the city and I can't pickup all of my channels at once with that OTA receiver because all of the signals come from different directions. I have to move my antenna based on what I want to watch. It is soooo what I don't want for a TV experience. I want the MPEG-4 locals and I won't watch them live on a H20.
I wasn't always a superstar. I used to be a boring old cup. Why would anyone make a show about something you throw away? But things change my friend. Money rolls in like waves lapping on the shore.

#15 OFFLINE   O and A Party Rock

O and A Party Rock

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:24 AM

Please Wait, this make take a few moments

That is the only thing my Tivo H10 was ever good at. Slow, very slow UI really hurt that reciever. I will take my new HR20 with some bugs over my old Tivo unit any day of the week :)

#16 OFFLINE   upnorth

upnorth

Godfather

• Registered
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:44 AM

Why does everyone want to get one of these units so quickly (with all of the complaints on this site regarding digital audio drop outs, unit freezing, inaccurate playback during recordings, etc). What reason is there to be an early adopter on this thing when the HR10-250 works so well (albeit slow) for now? Also, why are people willing to spend nearly $300 now when they can get it later for a lot less if not free?

OK let me get this straight for the last 6 months everyones been on D*where's the mpeg-4 DVR there falling behind in the HD scene etc, etc.
Now that is finally out your saying whats the big hurry let them work the bugs out wait for the price to drop wait for them to give it away.
There just not going to please everyone and thats why there are choices and I choose to buy one now as I do not get my locals OTA.
Remember what you paid for your first VCR, your first DVD how about your first, second and third computer oh did Dell give you the last one for free because of new technology dont think so.
Welcome to the world of changing electronic technologies.;)

#17 OFFLINE   shortstop11_jeff

shortstop11_jeff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

i get all the locals OTA, but i am still getting it because i want to have it by the time ota is enabled. I dont have the h10, i was always holding out for this one- which is the apparent future if you plan to stay with D*. the price was right for the wife, so i did not think twice. Since i cant currently record HD OTA with equipment i have, i am not missing anything.

#18 OFFLINE   mluntz

mluntz

Icon

• Registered
  • 641 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:58 AM

I agree! All I hear about is problems with the H-20, so what makes this unit any better? Plus no OTA enabled yet! I'm not getting rid of my OTA anyway, besides locals, what's the big deal at this point?:confused:
DirecTV Customer since 1995
Directv/ HD-DVR HR20-700
Directv/ HD-DVR HR24-500 (2)
H24-700
Slimline 5 Dish
Premiere package holder
NFL Sunday Ticket Subscriber

#19 OFFLINE   JBernardK

JBernardK

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

It seems strange that this place and the places selling on eBay all list the box as having only 1 ATSC tuner, when D* says it has 2.
--------------
Where has D* said it has 2 ATSC tuners?

#20 OFFLINE   mikeyx

mikeyx

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:00 AM

Site shows 290 left, called D* and they will install the dish for free, set appointment for Friday as long as the unit arrives as promised. Spent 3 hours last night trying to get it for free, but I had gotten the HR10-250 for free two years ago. Still a good deal for $274 with tax and shipping. Just hope it is for real….

Protected By... spam firewall...And...