Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BeachAudio.com - HR20 in stock for $248.99 !!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

Robert at Value Electronics - are you folks going to meet the HR20 price of $248 that we're now seeing at Beach Audio?? (Shipping is extra - I understand.)

Unfortunately, for $50, it's worth cancelling one order at VE and placing it at Beach Electronics. It's downright dumb to pour money down the drain when you're buying a commodity...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,768 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:09 PM

So if you buy the receiver from Beach Audio, will you have to buy the dish too or will D* give you dish for free?

And why AT9, why not AT5 for 5 LNB's? And what does AT stand for, if anything? :D

#43 OFFLINE   DVRaholic

DVRaholic

Godfather

• Registered
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:19 PM

Robert at Value Electronics - are you folks going to meet the HR20 price of $248 that we're now seeing at Beach Audio?? (Shipping is extra - I understand.)

Unfortunately, for $50, it's worth cancelling one order at VE and placing it at Beach Electronics. It's downright dumb to pour money down the drain when you're buying a commodity...

I live in NY, 20 minutes from Roberts store. I bought a R-15 from robert a few months ago and picked it up in the store. Great Guy and his whole staff were very professional. I will buy All my Directv products from robert, EXCEPT this time...

Since I am in NY I have to pay 8.75 Sales tax on top of the $299 price. It brings my price to about $325.00 so the Beach Audio HR20-700 is about $75 cheaper for me. And I cant pick it up at roberts store, it has to be shipped from the warehouse, so it should take the same time shipping for both places

Sorry Robert but If the price stays at $299 I have to go with Beach Audio. I would love to do business with you again but $75 LESS for a receiver I am LEASING, Its a NO BRAINER.

#44 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:59 PM

Sorry Robert but If the price stays at $299 I have to go with Beach Audio. I would love to do business with you again but $75 LESS for a receiver I am LEASING, Its a NO BRAINER.

I wonder how long it will take some of the independent dealers to stop drinking the kool-aid a realize that this D* leasing model is very bad for them.

#45 OFFLINE   DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Legend

• No PM's
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:39 AM

I wonder how long it will take some of the independent dealers to stop drinking the kool-aid a realize that this D* leasing model is very bad for them.

Actually the lease plan is very good for authorized dealers for the following two reasons.

1. We are off the hook for the charge-back buy-down money.

2. Authorized dealers can compete by exclusively offering the ownership of the equipment we offer. Only by buying directly from an authorized dealer does the customer have the option to activate the HD DVR as his owned unit.

-Robert

#46 OFFLINE   DVRaholic

DVRaholic

Godfather

• Registered
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:32 AM

Price now $20 more... up to $268.99 at Beach Audio.......

Robert you never answered gct's question.

#47 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:16 AM

1. We are off the hook for the charge-back buy-down money.

2. Authorized dealers can compete by exclusively offering the ownership of the equipment we offer. Only by buying directly from an authorized dealer does the customer have the option to activate the HD DVR as his owned unit.

1. You never should have been on the hook for the majority of chargebacks in the first place. My local dealer, now E* only, used to get installs from D*, but then D* would charge him back if they didn't stay on for a year and it was an install D* sent him. Its not like he was going out and selling bogus systems to make the commission.

2. On the Leased vs. Owned. You have repeatedly stated the equipment you sell is owned. Isn't it supposed to be at a much higher price to be considered owned? For example, the HR10 was $399 to lease, but if you wanted to own it, D* would charge you $799 (or something like that.)

#48 OFFLINE   Xram

Xram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:05 PM

Robert, I ordered the hr20 from you the other day, is the unit considered leased or owned? Thanks

#49 OFFLINE   DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Legend

• No PM's
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:16 PM

Robert, I ordered the hr20 from you the other day, is the unit considered leased or owned? Thanks

When you activate the HR20 you have the choice to tell the CSR you want it to be set up on your account as an owned or leased unit.

If you select owned you will not be eligible for the free dish upgrade or free lifetime advanced replacement coverage.

The lease adds nothing to your monthly bill so leasing is truly to your benefit, but you do have the choice.

-Robert

#50 OFFLINE   Xram

Xram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:03 PM

When you activate the HR20 you have the choice to tell the CSR you want it to be set up on your account as an owned or leased unit.

If you select owned you will not be eligible for the free dish upgrade or free lifetime advanced replacement coverage.

The lease adds nothing to your monthly bill so leasing is truly to your benefit, but you do have the choice.

-Robert

Thanks for the reply Rob.:) I have the protection plan which covers everything, so i will make it as owned. I see no advantage to leasing the unit at this point.

#51 OFFLINE   yensid

yensid

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:07 PM

Is it me or did the Beach Audio unit just go up $20?

#52 OFFLINE   Xram

Xram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:11 PM

Is it me or did the Beach Audio unit just go up $20?

Yes, they raised the price $20.

#53 OFFLINE   Chimpo414

Chimpo414

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:14 PM

Yes, they raised the price $20.

Yup, Just ordered 1 today. should have done it yesterday.
:mad:

#54 OFFLINE   KCWolfPck

KCWolfPck

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:17 AM

So, has anyone actually talked to anyone at Beach Audio to confirm when they are shipping? My guess is that the phone line will be flooded starting at 9:00 AM PT. Please post here if you call them and they confirm when they are shipping.

Thanks!

#55 OFFLINE   ktabel01

ktabel01

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:41 AM

Order status changed from received to processing this am. Haven't called, but curious if anyone has and has further info regarding shipment dates.

#56 OFFLINE   KCWolfPck

KCWolfPck

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:53 AM

I hope they are shipping this week as I'd love to save some money by not having to pay full price at Best Buy. However, if they aren't shipping until 9/13....I'll just buy at Best Buy. There's no way I'd give Value Electronics one penny from my wallet...I'd rather pay an extra $100.

#57 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:14 AM

Still 224 left as of this morning.

I hope they are shipping this week as I'd love to save some money by not having to pay full price at Best Buy. However, if they aren't shipping until 9/13....I'll just buy at Best Buy.

The HR20 better do my laundry and make my lunch if I were to pay over $100 extra to get it a few days early. You people need to learn patience, geez :rolleyes:

#58 OFFLINE   KCWolfPck

KCWolfPck

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:28 AM

Fall season is rapidly approaching......if I can get it before the season starts, yeah...it's worth the extra $100 to me.

#59 OFFLINE   ktabel01

ktabel01

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

Spoke with beach audio, they stated they were shipping today. We'll see, but cautiously very excited.

#60 OFFLINE   tbranan

tbranan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:09 AM

They stated they are shipping today. I quickly jumped on the Best Buy BS email, and ordered one for 399. After I submitted payment, got an email stating HR20 was on backorder. Called BB to cancel, was then told that order should ship out on Tuesday. (TODAY). Today, I check my status on BB website, and now says delivery expected for 9/13 to 9/14. That is NOT good. I am expected to pay an extra $175 and get it AFTER every one else...No thank you. I promptly returned the HR 20 that I "bought" at BB. I hope Beach Audio comes through on shipping today, but if they don't, and I get it next week, I still saved $175! What a friggin scam that email was!!! I feel used by D* & BB.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...