Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BeachAudio.com - HR20 in stock for $248.99 !!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   yensid

yensid

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:07 PM

Is it me or did the Beach Audio unit just go up $20?

#52 OFFLINE   Xram

Xram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:11 PM

Is it me or did the Beach Audio unit just go up $20?

Yes, they raised the price $20.

#53 OFFLINE   Chimpo414

Chimpo414

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:14 PM

Yes, they raised the price $20.

Yup, Just ordered 1 today. should have done it yesterday.
:mad:

#54 OFFLINE   KCWolfPck

KCWolfPck

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:17 AM

So, has anyone actually talked to anyone at Beach Audio to confirm when they are shipping? My guess is that the phone line will be flooded starting at 9:00 AM PT. Please post here if you call them and they confirm when they are shipping.

Thanks!

#55 OFFLINE   ktabel01

ktabel01

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:41 AM

Order status changed from received to processing this am. Haven't called, but curious if anyone has and has further info regarding shipment dates.

#56 OFFLINE   KCWolfPck

KCWolfPck

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:53 AM

I hope they are shipping this week as I'd love to save some money by not having to pay full price at Best Buy. However, if they aren't shipping until 9/13....I'll just buy at Best Buy. There's no way I'd give Value Electronics one penny from my wallet...I'd rather pay an extra $100.

#57 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:14 AM

Still 224 left as of this morning.

I hope they are shipping this week as I'd love to save some money by not having to pay full price at Best Buy. However, if they aren't shipping until 9/13....I'll just buy at Best Buy.

The HR20 better do my laundry and make my lunch if I were to pay over $100 extra to get it a few days early. You people need to learn patience, geez :rolleyes:

#58 OFFLINE   KCWolfPck

KCWolfPck

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:28 AM

Fall season is rapidly approaching......if I can get it before the season starts, yeah...it's worth the extra $100 to me.

#59 OFFLINE   ktabel01

ktabel01

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

Spoke with beach audio, they stated they were shipping today. We'll see, but cautiously very excited.

#60 OFFLINE   tbranan

tbranan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:09 AM

They stated they are shipping today. I quickly jumped on the Best Buy BS email, and ordered one for 399. After I submitted payment, got an email stating HR20 was on backorder. Called BB to cancel, was then told that order should ship out on Tuesday. (TODAY). Today, I check my status on BB website, and now says delivery expected for 9/13 to 9/14. That is NOT good. I am expected to pay an extra $175 and get it AFTER every one else...No thank you. I promptly returned the HR 20 that I "bought" at BB. I hope Beach Audio comes through on shipping today, but if they don't, and I get it next week, I still saved $175! What a friggin scam that email was!!! I feel used by D* & BB.

#61 OFFLINE   tbranan

tbranan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:11 AM

The fall season and NFLST are upon us. I gotta have me some DVR!

#62 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:18 AM

Good move. Anyone else still believe in Best Buy's "exclusive"?

They stated they are shipping today. I quickly jumped on the Best Buy BS email, and ordered one for 399. After I submitted payment, got an email stating HR20 was on backorder. Called BB to cancel, was then told that order should ship out on Tuesday. (TODAY). Today, I check my status on BB website, and now says delivery expected for 9/13 to 9/14. That is NOT good. I am expected to pay an extra $175 and get it AFTER every one else...No thank you. I promptly returned the HR 20 that I "bought" at BB. I hope Beach Audio comes through on shipping today, but if they don't, and I get it next week, I still saved $175! What a friggin scam that email was!!! I feel used by D* & BB.

C'mon people, it's just TV.

#63 OFFLINE   MVANHOU

MVANHOU

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:22 AM

I also pulled the trigger on Beach Audio. (Ordered early am saturday). So I'm hopeful also, but I have a little time to wait in case it doesn't go out asap. Quickest installation date I could get from DirectTV for the dish is 9/20.

#64 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

Good move. Anyone else still believe in Best Buy's "exclusive"?

I'm sure BeachAudio will believe it if D* issues penalties on them for shipping early.

#65 OFFLINE   Thunder7

Thunder7

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:33 AM

I also pulled the trigger on Beach Audio. (Ordered early am saturday). So I'm hopeful also, but I have a little time to wait in case it doesn't go out asap. Quickest installation date I could get from DirectTV for the dish is 9/20.

Does D* charge anything for the dish install? I need to get this done as well once I pickup a HR20.

#66 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

Time will tell, but I don't think that getting your HR20 on the 13/14th from Best Buy constitutes an "exclusive". I have yet to see one post that anyone has received one from Best Buy yet.

I'm sure BeachAudio will believe it if D* issues penalties on them for shipping early.

C'mon people, it's just TV.

#67 OFFLINE   DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Legend

• No PM's
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:48 AM

I honestly do not think any dealer other than possibly BB will be shipping before 9/11 or 9/12.

-Robert

#68 OFFLINE   KCWolfPck

KCWolfPck

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:48 AM

Spoke with beach audio, they stated they were shipping today. We'll see, but cautiously very excited.

Beach Audio is not shipping until the 13th. How much you want to bet that Robert from VE either (A) called Beach Audio to give them a friendly heads up that they probably shouldn't start shipping until the 13th, or (B) called DirecTV distribution and ratted out Beach Audio? LOL

Oh well, now I'll just wait for BB or even until I can order directly from D*.

#69 OFFLINE   MVANHOU

MVANHOU

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

Does D* charge anything for the dish install? I need to get this done as well once I pickup a HR20.

I was told the Dish and Multiswitch would be free. In exchange for it being free, I am signing up for a 2 year committment for that to happen.

#70 OFFLINE   ktabel01

ktabel01

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:01 PM

IF they can provide a service BB/D* can't, then bring it. Otherwise customers suffer, but service hasn't been their best suit lately I guess. We'll see.

#71 OFFLINE   Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:07 PM

Ok enough of the personal attacks here. This is not what this forum is for and it will not be tolerated. Please keep the topic on track and keep your negative feelings contained to PM. Thank you.
R15 (500)
Sony A10 (Hooked to SA Tivo)
HR20 (Hooked to Toshiba Plasma)

#72 OFFLINE   shortstop11_jeff

shortstop11_jeff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:09 PM

Beach Audio is not shipping until the 13th. How much you want to bet that Robert from VE either (A) called Beach Audio to give them a friendly heads up that they probably shouldn't start shipping until the 13th, or (B) called DirecTV distribution and ratted out Beach Audio? LOL

Oh well, now I'll just wait for BB or even until I can order directly from D*.

I will be P!ssed if this is the case and not stated earlier by BeachAudio. Well even if it is true, it is still cheaper than Robert could sell, so I am still up in that regard:) If it is the case, I hope everyone orders from Beachaudio anyway just in spite, I have held grudges for less haha

#73 OFFLINE   Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:12 PM

Most likely isn't the case as the user who stated it holds a personal grudge against VE. DirecTV visits these forums quite often and with all the talk of people shipping before they are supposed to. Well I'm sure you can figure out what most likely is the deal.

I will be P!ssed if this is the case and not stated earlier by BeachAudio. Well even if it is true, it is still cheaper than Robert could sell, so I am still up in that regard:) If it is the case, I hope everyone orders from Beachaudio anyway just in spite, I have held grudges for less haha

R15 (500)
Sony A10 (Hooked to SA Tivo)
HR20 (Hooked to Toshiba Plasma)

#74 OFFLINE   shortstop11_jeff

shortstop11_jeff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

Most likely isn't the case as the user who stated it holds a personal grudge against VE. DirecTV visits these forums quite often and with all the talk of people shipping before they are supposed to. Well I'm sure you can figure out what most likely is the deal.

Well sorry he holds a grudge towards him, not right for him to assume I guess. All of us want the best deal, I have lurked here for awhile and it is good to have a guy like Robert on here to help answer many questions from the retail end.

Hey, if the Beachaudio deal falls through- I will turn to Robert for my next order :)

#75 OFFLINE   jbelfer

jbelfer

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:28 PM

Placed my order with Beach on Saturday. I called just now and was told they won't ship until 13th b/c of D* restriction. Oh well...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...