Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BeachAudio.com - HR20 in stock for $248.99 !!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:32 PM

Order away folks, no minimum with $8 shipping. ....

http://www.beachaudi...=0.00&pto=12.00
C'mon people, it's just TV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   Tim Sly

Tim Sly

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

There is an easy way to file a complaint. :mad: Go to beachaudio.com and click on their Better Business Bureau icon

Then click on BBB Report on Company- which gives the info on beachaudio

and fills in all company data when you click on File Complaint.

Take a few minutes and let your voice be heard.

#143 OFFLINE   DVRaholic

DVRaholic

Godfather

• Registered
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:33 PM

There is an easy way to file a complaint. :mad: Go to beachaudio.com and click on their Better Business Bureau icon

Then click on BBB Report on Company- which gives the info on beachaudio

and fills in all company data when you click on File Complaint

Take a few minutes and let your voice be heard.

And here is the Direct Link ....

http://www.labbb.org...ID=13209668&sm=

#144 OFFLINE   defilm

defilm

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:18 PM

I received the stock email for one unit from Beach Audio listed above, and for a
second I recevied a full "Cancelled, sorry". I place my order when this thread was only 1 message long. Something smells funny. 600? WOW $20 on more out of
stock equipment. My other order is in status "BACKORDERED". I suspect I will get the cancel tomorrow. TIme to find another company. BTW, Beachaudio.com has a direct relationship with BUYDIG.com. in Edison, NJ. They don't ship Saturdays, and close early Fridays, and the Buydig.com site says they are not affiliated with any other sites. (Yet the address is identical). Uh.. May want to avoid this company.
Honesty is not too much to ask.

Got this today:

Dear Beach Audio customer,

It is with regret that we must cancel your current order for the DirecTV HR-20. Our supplier has informed us today that we will not be receiving this unit in the time frame we were originally promised. We want to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Because we value your business and we strive for the best possible service, it is our pleasure to offer you a $20 credit on your next order from Beach Audio.

To receive your credit:
yada yada yada

This offer is valid until 12/31/06. There is no minimum order. Limit one credit per customer.

Again, we appreciate your business and look forward to serving your electronics needs in the future.

Regards,
David Schloss
Beach Audio

:( Bummer

#145 OFFLINE   pmayo2002

pmayo2002

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:44 AM

What a bunch of bottom feeding scum suckers... I would suggest you all write a letter to the California attorning general's office. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

#146 OFFLINE   Mavrick

Mavrick

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:53 AM

I just checked out the Beach Audio site again and notice that they have now removed all D* recievers from their site they still had the D10, D11, and R15's and I think H20 on their site as of yesterday afternoon but now they have no Directv recievers listed at all.

I wonder if D* may have pulled rank on them because of their business practices and informed them they are not allowed to sell any D* boxes anymore?

#147 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:55 AM

I wonder if D* may have pulled rank on them because of their business practices and informed them they are not allowed to sell any D* boxes anymore?

I would not be surprised in the least...

You could say they where just a tiny bit ticked off, when they saw the emails that went out..... just a little bit.....
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#148 OFFLINE   Tim Sly

Tim Sly

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:14 PM

Just got the rebuttal from BeachAudio through the Better Business Bureau complaint I filed:
"Company’s Response To Your Dispute:

The customers card was never charged and a $20 credit off the customers next order was offered as a courtesy. We are no longer stocking these units."

I sent back a rebuttal also, asking that BeachAudio admit their error and that they lied to their customers about a fake DirecTv recall and that they should apologize. And BBB should remove their good standing.

The BBB has only received 6 complaints. If you guys want to make a difference you need to register your complaints with BBB at the above links.

#149 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,085 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:56 PM

How many othere have submitted comments to BizRate about this incident? I wrote something up, responded to all the e-mails from BizRate and nothing has shown up in the comments section about this from anyone. It does show 50% negative rating over the past week though.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#150 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

I have always read that the BBB was a do-nothing organization, being made up of the very businesses that are being complained about.

I have no personal experience but sounds logical.

#151 OFFLINE   mrnygiants

mrnygiants

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:57 PM

I also posted and got the same response from BBB. Hope it hurts them in the long run.

#152 OFFLINE   Tim Sly

Tim Sly

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:31 PM

I got a rebuttal response through the BBB from Beachaudio.
Beachaudio responded:

"We forwarded the information we were told by our supplier of DirecTV. Unfortunately, that information was incorrect and we have tried to make it up by offering a future credit off next order."

At least they finally admitted that the information was incorrect. Still don't think we are getting the whole story. It will permanently damage their credibility with a lot of folks on this forum and elsewhere.

#153 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,085 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:37 PM

At least they finally admitted that the information was incorrect. Still don't think we are getting the whole story. It will permanently damage their credibility with a lot of folks on this forum and elsewhere.

Yea, it's also a bit strange that BeachAudio no longer shows any D* receivers on their web site. The entire thing stinks.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#154 OFFLINE   toy4two

toy4two

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:04 PM

WOW, I knew that $249 offer was too good to be true.

I bet BestBuy raised a stink with Directv since they wanted to be the "exlusive" HR20 retailer. To be undercut by a small shop on price, and lose exclusivity was too much to them they used their power to influence Directv to pull Beach Audio's Authorized Directv Reseller status. Knowing what a shady company BestBuy is I am not surprised.

#155 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

WOW, I knew that $249 offer was too good to be true.

I bet BestBuy raised a stink with Directv since they wanted to be the "exlusive" HR20 retailer. To be undercut by a small shop on price, and lose exclusivity was too much to them they used their power to influence Directv to pull Beach Audio's Authorized Directv Reseller status. Knowing what a shady company BestBuy is I am not surprised.

BeachAudio lost their D* dealer status by sending out some emails saying that the HR20 had been recalled (completely false) and that the recall was the reason they couldn't deliver the HR20s to the customers that had already ordered them. I doubt a monsterous company like BB cares about the actions of a small online retailer like BeachAudio.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...