Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 in Minnesota?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Slyster

Slyster

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

Anyone know? :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,504 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:31 AM

Yes, if you order from BestBuy ....
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=63048
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   Slyster

Slyster

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:03 AM

Well.. I already have an appt with D* local installers for HD install on the 16th of Sept.... so which unit would they bring do you think? TWO weeks away still.

????

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,504 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:41 AM

Well.. I already have an appt with D* local installers for HD install on the 16th of Sept.... so which unit would they bring do you think? TWO weeks away still.

????

That's around the time that most installers are supposed to begin delivering HR20's. But you really better contact the installer directly to be sure.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#5 OFFLINE   Tim Sly

Tim Sly

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:58 PM

If D* set up the install how does one contact the local installer?

I talked with D* this morning and I am also in Minnesota. I want to get the HR20 and replace my HR10s. Installation dept told me that it is not yet nationally released so I can't get it from them but it is supposed to be this month. Previously a rep told me I could trade in my HR10 which I own and it would cost me nothing to get the new HR20.
This rep today said that I would be better order it from Best Buy because I would be sure of getting the HR20- he says if I order from them he can't guarantee that I will get the HR20. WHAT? What kind of crap is this?

You might want to make sure you are getting the HR20 if that is what you want.
Sounds like a risk to order from Best Buy and hope D* will give you credit for the money spent.

#6 OFFLINE   ironman

ironman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:12 PM

I called D*TV(6 times - 5 disconnected)finally talked to a supervisor who said they were not available nationally yet and there was no way to preorder. He took my phone number and said I would be called as soon as they become available. I do not understand the inconsistencies surrounding this product. Some(beyond CA) say they have it - some have ordered it and there are those that get nowhere! You would think they would give priority to their customers first - especially the ones on their list and who have called in several times.

As far as contacting the local installer - they usually give that number out when the order is placed but if they didn't, then call them back and ask for it.

#7 OFFLINE   Tim Sly

Tim Sly

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

I Just ordered my HR20 from Beachaudio.com for $248.99 as is on another thread. It said 2-3 business day shipping to my zip code in Minnesota.
I called D* retention and she had to look at my account and situation and she said it is different what they can offer a person depending on their situation. I currently have two HR10s and she said she could give me $150 off when I activate the HR20 since I wanted to buy it at an outside retailer. I wasn't able to get it from D* yet but was supposed to be able to get it in a few weeks if supplies are there. I didn't want to wait cause the Vikings will soon be playing and I need the HD locals to get the games in HD. So for $250 plus $150 off it is not a bad deal. While I was on the phone I also set up an install date of Sept 16th Which will be free and they will give me a free AT9 dish. Hope the receiver gets here on time or I will have to delay the install. Can't wait. I have been waiting many years to get my local NFL team in HD!

#8 OFFLINE   teekster

teekster

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:18 AM

rejected again:mad:

#9 OFFLINE   edpowers

edpowers

AllStar

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:13 AM

I was rejected yesterday ... 5 times. I finally convinced them to give me a $250 credit and I ordered one from valueelectronics. So in the end, I'll be paying $50 for mine. Directv said I can set up free installation and get my new dish installed + the new multiswitch.

#10 OFFLINE   Tim Sly

Tim Sly

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

I finally got an HR20! After being screwed by Beachaudio.com and losing my $248.99 order and then my Value Electronics order not getting shipped yesterday, I called around and found a Best Buy 2 hours round trip away that had ONE(Baxter, MN). The first BB rep said they don't have them, the second one I asked said we don't have them yet but should be getting them, wait a minute... I do see one on the shelf! I said, put my name on it and I'm jumping in the car. At $299 I got it home now and my D*Tv install is in 3 days.
Nothing against Value Electronics- I was one of the late ones who ordered (yesterday morning) and as it was reported here, they ran out of units and I can't wait till next week cause my install is Saturday so I will have to cancel the VE order.
Hope to get the Vikings in HD on Sunday!!!!

#11 OFFLINE   Tim Sly

Tim Sly

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

Got the HR20 installed today!!
Nice installer, he installed the dish while I hooked up the unit. He was floored by my home theater and we spent a lot of time talking about home theater. This unit has a sweet picture! Vikings in HD tomorrow!
Good luck to you all.

spam firewall