Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH vs DIRECT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Slyster

Slyster

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:06 AM

WHO IS BIGGER?

I am not asking anything other than one question.

What are the numbers... Who is bigger? DISH or DIRECT?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,600 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:08 AM

DirecTV is bigger. Google is your friend ....
http://www.13donuts.com/sat-tv.html
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:50 AM

Directv has about 2 million more customers and is part of News Corp. You know Fox Sports, FOX broadcasting, Newspapers & 20th Century Fox movies. Just a small company.

#4 OFFLINE   johnzim63

johnzim63

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:55 AM

Directv has about 2 million more customers and is part of News Corp. You know Fox Sports, FOX broadcasting, Newspapers & 20th Century Fox movies. Just a small company.

So does that mean that I'm supporting the fascist Murdoch, being a D* subscriber?? Dammit, I knew there was a catch... :nono:

#5 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:38 AM

You're supporting him to an extent either way, because Dish pays him for his channels, and you probably have seen some of the movies.

In this area I see many more Dish antennas than DTV, probably because Dish had our locals long before Direct. But I like DTV better.

#6 OFFLINE   mailiang

mailiang

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:40 PM

Directv has about 2 million more customers and is part of News Corp.

Just for clarification. If you read the news release about D suing Lifetime, you will find that the number is now up to 3 million.:D I live in NJ and in the tri state area there are a lot more D customers then E. E doesn't carry enough sports coverage of the local teams and D has a much stronger national ad campaign. Except when it comes to HD, my vote goes to D which I recently switched to after almost 6 years with E.

Ian
BOOMER MCLOUD XTREME CAR AUDIO :icon_bb:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...