Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

PS2 will be getting it's first HDTV game!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2002 - 07:50 AM

I hope this is true. It would be a great way for the PS2 to compete with the XBox.
---------------------------
EA Canada has recently confirmed that it's upcomming title Sled Storm for the PS2 will in fact have support for those lucky enough to own High Definition Television sets.

According to EA's press release for Sled Storm, it will feature 1080i 16:9 resolution support on HD sets. The announcement is a bit surprising since it was widely believed that the PS2 was not capable of any true HD display rates. Since the 1080i resolution will place a large load on the GPU, and the addition width of the 16:9 picture will compound the problem, frame rate will be a closely watched issue with this title.

<a href="http://www.digitalbackspin.com/news/get-news.asp?id=855&catid=28&cpg=get-news.asp" target=none>FULL STORY</a>

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2002 - 09:03 AM

That would be something to see, if they can pull it off. Is the processor in the PS2 fast enough to handle that much data, though?

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2002 - 11:20 AM

Guess I will need to go get the PS2 out of my truck and go purchase some component video cables to see this new 1080i game.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...