Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Worlddirect Dish Signal Strength

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   prashp1

prashp1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:40 PM

Hello, I have the Oval dual lnbf Worlddirect dish. 101 and 95 satellite dish. In settings the signal meter for 101 location is around 91 percent and for 95 location is around 63 percent. The installer who came to my house said he only looks at 101 location and if thats 70 or higher its good for him. But since he got 91 percent he said for the 95 location 63 percent is perfect. Shouldn't the 95 location should be above 85 percent???

All of my American programming is fine. But some of the International channels has slight picture loss. And because of this storm some of my International channels are not coming at all. Should I call for antoher tech visit for 95 location?? Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Niles

Niles

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:38 AM

All "good" signals are those in the 70s and up. Anything below 70 should be looked at. I would definately demand a $0 service call claiming incomplete installation since the installer didn't bother to check your signal strength on the 95 satellite.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...