Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ST super fan HD games schedule???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jmbrooks

jmbrooks

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:31 PM

I've been keeping an eye on the ST schedule on the DirecTV web site and wondering when will they post the schedule for the HD games.

The ST regular season begins next Sunday. Why haven't they posted it yet??

What channels will the HD games be on??
Russ

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   moonman

moonman

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:08 PM

I've been keeping an eye on the ST schedule on the DirecTV web site and wondering when will they post the schedule for the HD games.

The ST regular season begins next Sunday. Why haven't they posted it yet??

What channels will the HD games be on??

Usually, they populate the H/D channels on the Thursday of the week prior to
the games. They are in the 700's range(713 and beyond I think)..since they will
still be in MPEG2, they won't be showing all of them...depends on how much
bandwidth they need to steal from PPV.

#3 OFFLINE   jmbrooks

jmbrooks

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

I was also just looking at the guide and I have channel 700 and then 727, nothing in between. When will the ST and SF channels show up in the guide?
Russ

#4 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:30 PM

From the D* web site

704 NFL Falcons @ Panthers

705 NFL Saints @ Browns

706 NFL Seahawks @ Lions

707 NFL Eagles @ Texans

708 NFL Bengals @ Chiefs

709 NFL Bills @ Patriots

710 NFL Broncos @ Rams

712 NFL Jets @ Titans

713 NFL

714 NFL

715 NFL

719 NFL Falcons @ Panthers

720 NFL Saints @ Browns

721 NFL Seahawks @ Lions

722 NFL Eagles @ Texans

723 NFL Bengals @ Chiefs

724 NFL Bills @ Patriots

725 NBA5 Ravens @ Buccaneers

#5 OFFLINE   moonman

moonman

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

I was also just looking at the guide and I have channel 700 and then 727, nothing in between. When will the ST and SF channels show up in the guide?

Something is messed up on your sked. Check which month you are looking at,
and make sure you are not viewing a "customized sked"...all my games show up
with channel nbrs(except the H/D ones which will show up Thur.)
-------------EDIT
Whoops...my bad...I confused sked with guide...the channel nbrs in the guide almost
never show up till the night before...don't worry, they will be there.....

#6 OFFLINE   jmbrooks

jmbrooks

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:43 PM

Something is messed up on your sked. Check which month you are looking at,
and make sure you are not viewing a "customized sked"...all my games show up
with channel nbrs(except the H/D ones which will show up Thur.)

No, I mean the guide on the receiver does not show channels 701 - 726. Does that also not show up untill Thursday?
Russ

#7 OFFLINE   moonman

moonman

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

No, I mean the guide on the receiver does not show channels 701 - 726. Does that also not show up untill Thursday?

See my edit below...sorry for the confusion..

#8 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:46 PM

Usually, they populate the H/D channels on the Thursday of the week prior to
the games. They are in the 700's range(713 and beyond I think)..since they will
still be in MPEG2, they won't be showing all of them...depends on how much
bandwidth they need to steal from PPV.

Incorrect. They always have and still will show *all* games that Fox and CBS do in HD.

Fox does 6 a week.
CBS does 3 a week.

Sunday Ticket carries them all. You will get the ones that aren't blacked out in your area due to non-sellout or it being on your local station (just like the non-HD) games.

Fox and CBS don't decide what games will be in HD until Wednesday-ish, thus why they don't show up on the DirecTV website until Thursday or so.

#9 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:01 PM

Here's the NFL Week 1 schedule as it exists right now.

They always slip in some last minute changes, so I'll wait to publish this chart under its own thread on Wednesday.

However - in the meantime, here's what Week 1 looks like.

NOTE: You'll need to plug in your own SDTV/HDTV Locals. The local stations shown and the times shown are for San Diego.

Let me know if you like this kind of chart. If there is enough interest, I'll post it weekly.
Gary

#10 OFFLINE   Blitz68

Blitz68

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:58 AM

LOVE the chart, please post weekly!! :D
DirecTV Since 1995
(1)HR20-700S
(1)HR21-700B
(1)HR23-700
(1)HR10-250
(2)R15-500
(1)R15-100
(1)D11

#11 OFFLINE   jmbrooks

jmbrooks

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

So let me get this straight, I am a Broncos fan and I live in Oregon. The Broncos @ Rams game is being broadcast on my local CBS station so it will be blacked out on the Sunday Ticket channel (710) AND the Superfan channel (725)??

This will really SUCK, the signal is too weak for me to pick it up in HD with my OTA antenna.

$350 and this is all I get:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Russ

#12 OFFLINE   jmbrooks

jmbrooks

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

PS. Excellent chart, you got my vote.

Russ

#13 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

Great chart but it doesn't match what I am seeing on my guide data on my HR10.

#14 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:37 PM

Once again -- the chart I posted is the best info we have now. It should be finalized tomorrow and I'll post that version under its own thread.

We have concurrence from several sources on which games will be shot in HD. The only confusion to be ironed out is the DIRECTV channel assignments for the HD broadcasts.

Gary

#15 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

So let me get this straight, I am a Broncos fan and I live in Oregon. The Broncos @ Rams game is being broadcast on my local CBS station so it will be blacked out on the Sunday Ticket channel (710) AND the Superfan channel (725)??

This will really SUCK, the signal is too weak for me to pick it up in HD with my OTA antenna.

Ummmm, that's the way it's been for at least 3 years now. Any game on your local station in your DMA is blacked out on Sunday Ticket per the NFL. And this is fully disclosed all over the DirecTV web site.

What's worse for you is that the Broncos are in the AFC which is done by CBS and thus only 3 of the CBS games are in HD anyway so my guess only half of the Broncos games will be in HD anyway (and that's assuming they are doing well). But if they are the best team in the western timezones and most of their games are the late game and CBS does at least 1 late game in HD you might have a better chance. Good luck!

#16 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:04 PM

I thought that would be only for if you was in the Dever or St. Louis home market. I would think you should get it. But, I could be wrong. If it is blacked out, I don't think that is fair since you are so far away for any of those teams.

By the way, I just have to say this :D "Go Rams!!!" :D

#17 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:28 PM

I thought that would be only for if you was in the Dever or St. Louis home market. I would think you should get it. But, I could be wrong. If it is blacked out, I don't think that is fair since you are so far away for any of those teams.

By the way, I just have to say this :D "Go Rams!!!" :D

Nope that applies even to him as apparently the game is on his local station. If a game is on your local CBS or FOX station then its blacked out on ST and SF. As bonscott said its been that way for a few years now.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#18 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:37 PM

Nope that applies even to him as apparently the game is on his local station. If a game is on your local CBS or FOX station then its blacked out on ST and SF. As bonscott said its been that way for a few years now.

Well, I wasn't for sure. I am a new NFL subscriber and I was going to wait and see. At least most of the Rams games are on Fox and all of those will be in HD!

Thanks for correcting me! :)

#19 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:43 PM

The REAL arm wrestling is all about who gets the advertising revenues within your DMA. None of the local broadcasters, who are network affiliates, want anyone from their network horning in on their advertising turf.

DIRECTV has no choice in these matters. Your one and only hope is a DNS (Distant Network Service) waiver for that network. But there are only two cases where a waiver will even be considered:

a. if the network station in question is not a part of your 'local stations' package offered by DIRECTV
b. if the network station in question broadcasts SD only and never provides HD

Both cases above assume that you do not have the ability to pick up the local station over the air. In case b, you would only be given the DNS HD feed, not the DNS SD feed.

This is not conjecture on my part -- I'm just sharing my hard lessons from haggling through these issues in the past.

#20 OFFLINE   thumperr

thumperr

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:00 PM

One other NFLST caveat that may bother you. It drives me crazy at times. I'm a Steelers fan, and live in the DC area, so the skins are the primary for FOX and the Ravens for CBS.

If the ravens play at 1pm and the Steelers at 4pm when there is a doubleheader on CBS, you tend to miss the first part of the Steeler game because of the black out. example Steelers on NFLST is channel 108 but it is blackedout because local CBS is showing the game. Tune to local CBS at 4pm to start the steeler game, Ravens game already over, but they are showing the last 10 minutes of the Jets game that is still going on. Thus you miss the first quarter of the game you want to see. This annoys me to no end.

Late last year the black out on 108 wasn't started till all the 4pm games completed. but it wasn't consistent, and i could not find the rhymth or reason to how this was implemented.

this will probably bother the Broncos fan in Oregon as much as it does me.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...