Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can a 2.3 GHZ splitter be used to

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:27 PM

split on coaxal line for 2 sat tuners?

If not, what is a 2.3 GHz Satellite Digital splitter used for.
The splitter has a Power Pass option which I thought was for using with a DBS dish

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:29 PM

You can't use a splitter.

Because of how the technology currently works, you have to run a seperate line from the dish or multiswitch.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:42 PM

Also if you're only using one Sat you can you a stacker/destacker with the spiltter. I hooked mine up this past weekend for my R15 and it's working like a charm i'm able to use both tuners with only one actual drop again.
R15 (500)
Sony A10 (Hooked to SA Tivo)
HR20 (Hooked to Toshiba Plasma)

#4 OFFLINE   Skip Towne

Skip Towne

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:44 PM

Also if you're only using one Sat you can you a stacker/destacker with the spiltter. I hooked mine up this past weekend for my R15 and it's working like a charm i'm able to use both tuners with only one actual drop again.

Where did you get the stacker/destacker? what do they cost?

#5 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,616 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:48 PM

Check out http://www.solidsignal.com

They're expensive, especially if you want to support more than one satellite (which you'll need if you eventually want High Def channels). Usually it's much more cost-effective to run a second coax cable.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#6 OFFLINE   thumperr

thumperr

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:50 PM

If not, what is a 2.3 GHz Satellite Digital splitter used for.
The splitter has a Power Pass option which I thought was for using with a DBS dish

The splitter can also be used to feed multiple multiswitches. You can take the feed lines from the dish and feed them into seperate multiswicthes. the multiswitches need to match and the split line must plug into the same ports on the multiswitches. (example split line1 to feed input 1 and input 1 on each of the multiswitches.)

#7 OFFLINE   Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:44 PM

I only needed the Stacker since my DVR has the DeStacker built into it. I paid $35 I think it was and I got it on ebay. Works like a charm and I got it pretty quickly. If you do a search here for Stacker you will find the thread talking about the one I got. If ou don't have any luck let me know and I will either look up the auction I got it from or the the model once i'm around the house.
R15 (500)
Sony A10 (Hooked to SA Tivo)
HR20 (Hooked to Toshiba Plasma)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...