Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Directv HD Tivo DVR..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jkesnk

jkesnk

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:24 PM

Just talked to sales rep at Bestbuy and he said the Diretv reps said the new Directv HD Tivo was coming out in Oct or Nov....Can anybody verify this.....Best Buy is not getting anymore HR10-250's in....Stores and warehouse are out....Anybody have any info on this to back this up.....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,710 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:11 AM

Perhaps you've found this forum here ....
http://www.dbstalk.c...aysprune=&f=113

The new HR20 HD DVR is already available from Best Buy. But it's not Tivo-based.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   captain_video

captain_video

Icon

• Registered
  • 808 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:06 AM

Just proves how reliable the Best Buy salespeople can be. I think they attend the same briefings as the DTV CSRs.:rolleyes:

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:39 AM

Perhaps you've found this forum here ....
http://www.dbstalk.c...aysprune=&f=113

The new HR20 HD DVR is already available from Best Buy. But it's not Tivo-based.

It is far from TiVo based if you love TiVo you will hate this product.:)

#5 OFFLINE   Mavrick

Mavrick

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

I loved my Tivos but I feel the interface on the R15 and now the R20 is alot simpler to use and I like it alot better but this is just my opinion.

#6 OFFLINE   noneroy

noneroy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 373 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:02 PM

Love TiVo quite a bit but I can live with the D* receiver.

It's 1000% better than the Motorola DVR comcast and such give out.

#7 OFFLINE   Niles

Niles

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:02 PM

Just proves how reliable the Best Buy salespeople can be. I think they attend the same briefings as the DTV CSRs.:rolleyes:

Oy, that hurts my feelings. We're better than BB salespeople. Besides all CSRs have access into the information system that tells us about the HR20 unlike BB.

#8 OFFLINE   captain_video

captain_video

Icon

• Registered
  • 808 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:45 PM

Oy, that hurts my feelings. We're better than BB salespeople. Besides all CSRs have access into the information system that tells us about the HR20 unlike BB.

To be quite frank, anyone is better trained than BB salespeople. I think they get the folks that failed the civil service exam for the DMV. It's great that you have access to the info. Now, if only all of the the CSRs would bother to actually read it.:rolleyes:

BTW, are these all the same CSRs that adamantly denied that the 6.3 update for the HR10-250 was coming?:grin:

Anyway, it's nice to see that some CSRs actually take an interest in what DTV has to offer, which is evident in your case due to the fact that you're participating in this forum. I tend to believe most of them are just there 9 to 5 to punch a time clock and nothing more.

#9 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:50 PM

To be quite frank, anyone is better trained than BB salespeople. I think they get the folks that failed the civil service exam for the DMV. It's great that you have access to the info. Now, if only all of the the CSRs would bother to actually read it.:rolleyes:

BTW, are these all the same CSRs that adamantly denied that the 6.3 update for the HR10-250 was coming?:grin:

Anyway, it's nice to see that some CSRs actually take an interest in what DTV has to offer, which is evident in your case due to the fact that you're participating in this forum. I tend to believe most of them are just there 9 to 5 to punch a time clock and nothing more.

id say the csrs on here are kinda the geeky type :D
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...