Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Movers Connection Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:13 AM

I'm moving in November, and while I don't yet have an HDTV, I probably will at some point in the near future. Can I ask for the 5 LNB dish now when I move, or will they automatically install the 3 LNB dish I already have?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:54 AM

Things may change by November, but my new install in July included the 3-LNB dish. I think that's what you'll get unless you sign on for HD when you move.

Why not see if they'll do a free upgrade of your system when you move? You could use the HD receiver with SD until you get the new TV.

#3 OFFLINE   messtoph

messtoph

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:07 AM

I tried the same thing last month. I was told that you need an HDTV in order to get the install. I think that this may not be true. I'm sure there are thousands of people with an HD dish and SDtv. Just order the HD and see what happens at the time of install. I doubt they will leave without doing the install.
All men want to be rich. Rich men want to be king. And a king aint satisfied til he rules everything. (BS)

#4 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:16 PM

OK, also here's another question - the person I'm moving in with currently has a DirecTV account that he is transferring to his new roommates, and I'm taking my current DirecTV account with us to our new apartment - HOWEVER, he wants to keep his R15 with him. How do I go about adding his R15 to my account?

#5 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

OK, also here's another question - the person I'm moving in with currently has a DirecTV account that he is transferring to his new roommates, and I'm taking my current DirecTV account with us to our new apartment - HOWEVER, he wants to keep his R15 with him. How do I go about adding his R15 to my account?

He has to disconnect that receiver off his account. He "gives" it to you, and you will have to call in and have Directv's access card department bill you $20.00 for a new access card FedExed to you on your own account. Then you will put the new access card in the R15, and call to activate, as well as activate the R15 DVR service on your own account.

****However****

This won't work if he got the receiver after March 1st...because if he disconnects it off his account and he had it since March 1st of 2006, it will be considered LEASED, and will then have to RETURN IT TO DIRECTV if he disconnects it on his account!!!

Then, you will have to get a box for your own account, try to work out any deals you can :)
~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX

If you have a question, I may or may not have an answer.

"Fat people are harder to Kidnap" :lol:

#6 OFFLINE   surfbird

surfbird

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:08 PM

He has to disconnect that receiver off his account. He "gives" it to you, and you will have to call in and have Directv's access card department bill you $20.00 for a new access card FedExed to you on your own account. Then you will put the new access card in the R15, and call to activate, as well as activate the R15 DVR service on your own account.

****However****

This won't work if he got the receiver after March 1st...because if he disconnects it off his account and he had it since March 1st of 2006, it will be considered LEASED, and will then have to RETURN IT TO DIRECTV if he disconnects it on his account!!!

Then, you will have to get a box for your own account, try to work out any deals you can :)

<<TRU>> BUT.. ACCTS can be merged but it would depend on who had the commitment.. & those irds from one acct would need the new ac purchased. so the leased ird would not have to be returned since it would still be active so to fulfil commitment with. But mover's connection only gives you a dish that is suitable w/your equipment UNLESS you upgrade equipment. depending on acct status & ratings you may or may not get discount on equipment. If you have not had an acct long then you may have to pay $120 upfront for the mc & it would be credited back to the acct over a 12 month period. Sorry, to overload w/info but thought I would let you know extra info. plus, if you upgrade equipment, depends on standard for 1 yr commitment or advanced equip for 2 yr commitment.. commitments cannot be waived either. so know ahead of time what is available to you & what area you will move in things like locals & hd locals, because if not available then prevent commitment unless you want that equipment bad, Robin

#7 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:01 PM

<<TRU>> BUT.. ACCTS can be merged but it would depend on who had the commitment.. & those irds from one acct would need the new ac purchased. so the leased ird would not have to be returned since it would still be active so to fulfil commitment with. But mover's connection only gives you a dish that is suitable w/your equipment UNLESS you upgrade equipment. depending on acct status & ratings you may or may not get discount on equipment. If you have not had an acct long then you may have to pay $120 upfront for the mc & it would be credited back to the acct over a 12 month period. Sorry, to overload w/info but thought I would let you know extra info. plus, if you upgrade equipment, depends on standard for 1 yr commitment or advanced equip for 2 yr commitment.. commitments cannot be waived either. so know ahead of time what is available to you & what area you will move in things like locals & hd locals, because if not available then prevent commitment unless you want that equipment bad, Robin

Huh? I'm not worried about the commitment - the only way I can watch the Mets from here in eastern PA is with satellite, and that's the only reason I got DirecTV in the first place...so I'm not switching back to cable anytime soon.

His R15 is leased - you're telling me he'd have to send that back and pay $99 to lease another one? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard...

spam firewall