Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Signal strength on Sat C

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chdwil

chdwil

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:10 AM

I have the H20 receiver and can only get a 74, 75 signal on sat C. I can get a 94-95 on my samsung HD receiver in a different room. Is this a receiver, line, or dish problem? Is this possably a splitter problem? The tech put in the new 4x8 when the 5 LNB dish was installed. I have had 3 techs come visit to fix my signal problem, no luck. My old 3 lnb dish never lost its signal, I was watching local news DURING Hurricane Charley (under generator supply). Now a simple rain storm causes signal loss.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,498 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:25 PM

The H20's signal readings are not directly comparable to other DirecTV Receivers. Do you see similar differences with SatA or SatB numbers?

If you think the H20's SatC readings are too low, try swapping the H20 with your Samsung Receiver. That will tell you if it's a receiver issue, or something with the cable/dish/multiswitch feeding that room.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

The H20's signal readings are not directly comparable to other DirecTV Receivers. Do you see similar differences with SatA or SatB numbers?

If you think the H20's SatC readings are too low, try swapping the H20 with your Samsung Receiver. That will tell you if it's a receiver issue, or something with the cable/dish/multiswitch feeding that room.

All common sense troubleshooting tips, but wouldn't the 3 trips by the techs have done this by now??? OP said

have had 3 techs come visit to fix my signal problem, no luck

They should have found either the H20 had an issue, or the cable or multiswitch or port on the multiswitch was causing the problem...If all else failed, the OP can call Directv and ask for a box replacment since all other TS (troubleshooing) steps have failed.
~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX

If you have a question, I may or may not have an answer.

"Fat people are harder to Kidnap" :lol:

spam firewall