Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR 20 available in MD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   steve13

steve13

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:05 PM

I just picked up my new HR20 at Best Buy in Germantown, MD this morning. I then cancelled my bestbuy.com online order, which was in backorder status still.

Trying to get this installed properly, and I've been on the phone with DirecTv for 3 hours now. The Dolby Digital is not working, and they can't get the DVR service activated on it. I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Steve

#2 OFFLINE   NYC*Chris

NYC*Chris

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:31 PM

Steve.

I just bought one in the Best Buy in Staten Island NY.

Did you happen to hook up those two "B Band Converters" before D installed the new Dish? That will cause problems with the hookup....Don't use them unless you have the new dish.

#3 OFFLINE   steve13

steve13

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:14 PM

Steve.

I just bought one in the Best Buy in Staten Island NY.

Did you happen to hook up those two "B Band Converters" before D installed the new Dish? That will cause problems with the hookup....Don't use them unless you have the new dish.

I have the new dish, and I hooked up the B Band Converters.

After much time and frustration on the phone (close to 3 hours), the original CSR at D* listed my receiver as an H20, not an HR20. Therefore, none of the DVR functions would work - it kept saying no service was activated. Then, they also had to activate the non-Tivo DVR service as well as the Tivo service for my older box. It took quite a long time to get transferred to a tech rep who was smart enough to figure all this out. I'm up and working now except for a problem with Dolby Digital (thread posted in HR20 Q&A forum).

#4 OFFLINE   dctobin

dctobin

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

I just picked up my new HR20 at Best Buy in Germantown, MD this morning. I then cancelled my bestbuy.com online order, which was in backorder status still.

Trying to get this installed properly, and I've been on the phone with DirecTv for 3 hours now. The Dolby Digital is not working, and they can't get the DVR service activated on it. I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Steve

Steve -- do they have them in stock? Or do you have to order?

#5 OFFLINE   byron

byron

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

are you guys paying $399 for these in the store? i don't see why best buy is $100 higher than the other places i've seen (solid signal, VE, beachaudio).

#6 OFFLINE   steve13

steve13

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:27 PM

Steve -- do they have them in stock? Or do you have to order?

I picked mine up at the store the day they told me they would arrive (9/10). I just walked in and grabbed it off the shelf. It was at the $399 price though, and now they have them advertised at $299. I'm going to back to get my $100 refund tonight.

Steve

#7 OFFLINE   gashog301

gashog301

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:57 PM

just ordered the hr20 for install tuesday the 19th,had to pay full price and had credit put on my account for all money charged to me. So 299+tax +shipping around $335 put on a credit to my account.

#8 OFFLINE   GA20646

GA20646

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

Well, I looked at BB's website ithis morning and it said they had the HR20-700 in stock at the Waldorf store. So I went by there later only to find out they were sold out.
So I went home and tried calling retention for the 10th time. FINALLY I got a CSR to trade out my HR10-250 for free. He said they would ship a HR20-700 out FedEx tomorrow with 2-3 day delivery. We'll see what happens.

#9 OFFLINE   shortstop11_jeff

shortstop11_jeff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:31 AM

Ordered mine from Bestbuy.com this morning because VE said they would not have any until October 2nd. Hoping that Bestbuy comes through. Then I have to take my next risk which is callling D*, actually getting a reasonable install date, then hoping that the installer is competent. Also hoping that they bring the W68 multiswitch and the correct 5lnb dish as well. This should not be that hard, but from many of the posts on here, this is what it has come to :(

spam firewall