Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any news when Value Electronics will start shipping??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:22 AM

Robert, from Value Electronics, last week talked about requesting DIRECTV to allow them to ship the HR20 before Wednesday, 9/13.

Is there any work on whether VE will be able to begin shipping earlier in the week?

It's significant because shipping that begins on Wednesday means that most of us will not have the HR20 for NFL Week 2.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sdlevi27

sdlevi27

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:18 PM

Just spoke with someone there. He said most likely tomorrow or Wednesday.

#3 OFFLINE   stuart628

stuart628

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

tommorow would be great! :) I just ordered today, and have a 5lnb install for thurssday, and with valueelectronics it usually takes two days to get to my house with their Delievery, by the way, if there is anyone reading this thread that is on edge about ordering from Robert, do it, he is a class act!
Hr20-700 , R15, Directv NFL sunday ticket with superfan!

#4 OFFLINE   DaxStern

DaxStern

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:53 PM

Robert, from Value Electronics, last week talked about requesting DIRECTV to allow them to ship the HR20 before Wednesday, 9/13.

Is there any work on whether VE will be able to begin shipping earlier in the week?

It's significant because shipping that begins on Wednesday means that most of us will not have the HR20 for NFL Week 2.

Actually, even if it isn't shipped until wednesday, there is a good chance a significant number of people will get them by friday. They are shipped from many different warehouses around the country, ups ground only will take 1 or 2 days to many of these places people ordered from.

The cities being shipped from are

Des Moines, IA * St Louis, MO * Denver, Co * Dallas, TX * Baton Rouge, LA * Indianapolis, IN * Pittsburgh, PA * Columbus,OH * Grand Rapids, MI * Evansville, IN * Knoxville, TN * Baltimore, MD * Orlando, FL * Manchester, NH * Syracuse, NY * Atlanta, GA * Los Angeles, CA * Tempe, AZ * Sacramento, CA * Seattle, WA * San Antonio, TX * Miami, FL * Raleigh, NC

#5 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:24 PM

Just got an EMail response from Robert at Value Electronics a few minutes ago:

We are shipping all orders tomorrow (9/12), one day early.

That's great news!

#6 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:27 PM

Thats great and seeing there is a shipping point in Columbus, I should have mine in Cleveland by Wednesday. Maybe I'll try and call D* and see if I can get an installer here sooner than the 19th to hook it up.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#7 OFFLINE   stuart628

stuart628

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:36 PM

I didnt get an email :( I hope they still ship mine tommorow.

#8 OFFLINE   DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Legend

• No PM's
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:43 PM

We are shipping all of our HR20-700 orders tomorrow from our 12 fulfillment warehouses across the US.

-Robert

#9 OFFLINE   sdlevi27

sdlevi27

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:54 PM

Great news, Robert! Will we expect to receive an e-mail with a confirmation or tracking number once it's shipped?

#10 OFFLINE   DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Legend

• No PM's
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:25 PM

Great news, Robert! Will we expect to receive an e-mail with a confirmation or tracking number once it's shipped?

Yes, but sometimes I don't get tracking #s from all of the warehouses till the day after the order ships, whch is typically when you receive the order.

-Robert

#11 OFFLINE   mknoebel

mknoebel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:41 PM

If someone were to place an order tonight, would it still ship out in the morning??
Mike

#12 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,995 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:44 PM

Beachaudio sent out an e-mail saying D* said there is a recall of HR20's and that no new boxes are to be shipped out. Robert, are you aware of anything like this???

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#13 OFFLINE   mwhip

mwhip

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:52 PM

I bought one from BB today but since Robert is selling cheaper and my install date is not until the 23rd I ordered from him. I will just return the one I have to BB.

#14 OFFLINE   DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Legend

• No PM's
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

If someone were to place an order tonight, would it still ship out in the morning??

Yes sir!

-Robert

#15 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:33 PM

So yours are still shipping Robert?? No recalled units is that correct??
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#16 OFFLINE   stuart628

stuart628

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

yeah Dan, we are good to go, I will let Robert make this 100% but, he has stated in other forums we are good! which means we should both be happy clevelanders!

#17 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

Makes me wonder what is up with Best Buy and that Audio joint then. Oh well Im a happy camper!!
Dan Sholtis

#18 OFFLINE   mknoebel

mknoebel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:59 PM

Yes sir!

-Robert

GREAT!!
Mike

#19 OFFLINE   korkle

korkle

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:45 AM

I have a HR10-250 that I got from Robert (one of the first ones shiped --oh the joys of following that tracking). Now, is the following plan a good one?:

1. Order the HR20 from Robert (I really like dealing with him)
2. When it arrives, call DTV and get the best deal I can --- new dish and credits to ofset the costs, etc.
3. Schedule the install of the dish.
4. Meanwhile (here is the part I am not sure of) hook the HR20 up to my old dish and get it up an running. Then when the installer arrives all they need to do is change out the dish and align it (not having to mess with any of my equipment). Then rerun setup again to set the box for the new dish and mpeg4.

Will that work?

2nd question --- Robert, do you still have units to ship?

#20 OFFLINE   DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Legend

• No PM's
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:55 AM

I have a HR10-250 that I got from Robert (one of the first ones shiped --oh the joys of following that tracking). Now, is the following plan a good one?:

1. Order the HR20 from Robert (I really like dealing with him)
2. When it arrives, call DTV and get the best deal I can --- new dish and credits to ofset the costs, etc.
3. Schedule the install of the dish.
4. Meanwhile (here is the part I am not sure of) hook the HR20 up to my old dish and get it up an running. Then when the installer arrives all they need to do is change out the dish and align it (not having to mess with any of my equipment). Then rerun setup again to set the box for the new dish and mpeg4.

Will that work?

2nd question --- Robert, do you still have units to ship?

Yes we still have about 65 HR20-700s left from our first allocation. I purchased all of my distributors inventory.

-Robert

Protected By... spam firewall...And...