Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any news when Value Electronics will start shipping??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   bobojay

bobojay

Godfather

• Registered
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:49 AM

[quote name='korkle']I have a HR10-250 that I got from Robert (one of the first ones shiped --oh the joys of following that tracking). Now, is the following plan a good one?:

1. Order the HR20 from Robert (I really like dealing with him)
2. When it arrives, call DTV and get the best deal I can --- new dish and credits to ofset the costs, etc.
3. Schedule the install of the dish.
4. Meanwhile (here is the part I am not sure of) hook the HR20 up to my old dish and get it up an running. Then when the installer arrives all they need to do is change out the dish and align it (not having to mess with any of my equipment). Then rerun setup again to set the box for the new dish and mpeg4.

Will that work?

The hooking up to current dish will work. Pot luck on the $$$ from D*...
You know you won't get the mpeg-4 HD locals, right?
DirecTV HR24-200 HD DVR LivRm, HR24-200 bedroom, AU-9 Slimline dish
Hitachi 50V500A 50" LCD HD TV, Component Hook Ups,
APC Smart U-P-S 900 Battery Backup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   sdlevi27

sdlevi27

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:41 AM

Just got an e-mail from VE with a UPS tracking number!!! :joy:

#23 OFFLINE   cjwal

cjwal

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:46 AM

Just got mine as well. They are on the way!!!!:D
(4) HR20s
(2) H20s
Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch
Slimline Dish
DIRECTV since 1996

#24 OFFLINE   DaxStern

DaxStern

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:51 AM

Me too!

#25 OFFLINE   ocomik

ocomik

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:01 AM

I purchased my HR20 from Best Buy at the new Tinley Park, IL store on Monday, Sept. 11th. It also looks like the Orland Park store carries this model as well.

From my research, many of the Best Buy stores further north do not as of yet have this model available for purchase.

When I activated the unit yesterday evening, I was informed by someone in customer retention that these units should not be available via the Best Buy retail channel only available online.

oCoMiK

#26 OFFLINE   HDNut

HDNut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:06 AM

I have two Model 10-250 HD Tivos and two SD Tivos in my system. Will those units work with the new 5-lnb dish? I noticed that the H20 receiver has only one sat input for its two Directv tuners because the new 5-lnb dish uses band stacking to transmit the signals from all five sats in a single cable. However, the 10-250 HD Tivo requires two RG6 cables for its two tuners. And and don't think the 10-250 is compatible with band stacking. Can anybody throw some light on this? The installers are coming over Wednesday to replace the 3-lnb dish with the new 5-lnb dish. But I don't want to give up my Tivos yet. Perhaps I should keep the old 3-lnb dish and have the installers add the new 5-lnb dish to my roof. I guess that would work. What do you guys think? Thanks!

#27 OFFLINE   cjwal

cjwal

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:14 AM

I have two Model 10-250 HD Tivos and two SD Tivos in my system. Will those units work with the new 5-lnb dish? I noticed that the H20 receiver has only one sat input for its two Directv tuners because the new 5-lnb dish uses band stacking to transmit the signals from all five sats in a single cable. However, the 10-250 HD Tivo requires two RG6 cables for its two tuners. And and don't think the 10-250 is compatible with band stacking. Can anybody throw some light on this? The installers are coming over Wednesday to replace the 3-lnb dish with the new 5-lnb dish. But I don't want to give up my Tivos yet. Perhaps I should keep the old 3-lnb dish and have the installers add the new 5-lnb dish to my roof. I guess that would work. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Your H10-250's will be fine. You just will not get the Mpeg4 channels. Everything else will be OK. As far as the H20 Goes you still will have to use 2 RG6 cables going into the 2 tuners.
(4) HR20s
(2) H20s
Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch
Slimline Dish
DIRECTV since 1996

#28 OFFLINE   cjwal

cjwal

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:15 AM

Sorry, I meant HR20 instead of H20
(4) HR20s
(2) H20s
Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch
Slimline Dish
DIRECTV since 1996

#29 OFFLINE   mknoebel

mknoebel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:56 PM

Nothing here, yet...
Mike

#30 OFFLINE   brewer4

brewer4

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:10 PM

2 units 2 emails 2 shipping from VE!!
The Meaning of Life...

Well there's nothing really special

Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in,
and try to live together in peace and harmony with all people of creeds and nations.

#31 OFFLINE   Jeremy

Jeremy

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:15 PM

No tracking number here yet. I wonder if it has to do with which warehouse it's coming from. Anyone on the west cost get your tracking number yet?

#32 OFFLINE   pecocus

pecocus

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:50 PM

I'm in the same mode here... on the west coast, no tracking number. I tried calling VE to see if I could confirm shipping, was politely told that they had so many orders they were dealing with that they couldn't confirm individual orders shipping right now. ::sigh::

#33 OFFLINE   DaxStern

DaxStern

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:50 PM

I got mine but I am on the east coast too.

#34 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:09 PM

I'm on the West Coast, no shipping confirmation or anything from VE yet.

However, checking my credit card account, it was hit by VE yesterday for the $299.99. That is reassuring at least.

#35 OFFLINE   DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Legend

• No PM's
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

We shipped almost all of the orders we received. The very few that did not ship will go tomorrow.

We shipped from our 12 fulfillment warehouses across the US and some traffic managers don't update the tracking # till the day after they ship and they just send me a bulk file, which we have to match to the orders and email to everyone.

Thank you everyone for working with us.

-Robert

#36 OFFLINE   HDNut

HDNut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

Sorry, I meant HR20 instead of H20

Thanks, cjwal, for your answer. I guess I'll go ahead and let them replace the old 3-lnb dish, since the new AT9 can be used, as you said, with the other equipment I now have. I am hoping to get the HR20 on Thursday because it was shipped today from Sacramento. Thanks again.

#37 OFFLINE   stuart628

stuart628

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:30 PM

I actually got a tracking number, in my confirmation email, I am happy :)
Hr20-700 , R15, Directv NFL sunday ticket with superfan!

#38 OFFLINE   gobucks100

gobucks100

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:10 PM

We shipped almost all of the orders we received. The very few that did not ship will go tomorrow.

We shipped from our 12 fulfillment warehouses across the US and some traffic managers don't update the tracking # till the day after they ship and they just send me a bulk file, which we have to match to the orders and email to everyone.

Thank you everyone for working with us.

-Robert

Hi Robert,
Do you have inventory to service all of the orders you have recieved to date? I placed an order today around 12:30 NY time and am curious if you see any problems with servicing with your first allocation of units.

Do you have any more in inventory if an order is placed now?

thanks

#39 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:20 PM

Got my tracking, and I'm on the left coast.
C'mon people, it's just TV.

#40 OFFLINE   mwhip

mwhip

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:28 PM

As always ^^^ to Robert and VE!!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...