Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any news when Value Electronics will start shipping??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   pecocus

pecocus

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:36 PM

So if we didn't get a tracking #, that doesn't necessarily mean ours didn't ship today?

Correct. I spoke to Robert today and he stated that he often doesn't get tracking numbers from the warehouses till the day AFTER they ship. So yours may have shipped today, you'll know more tomorrow.

Paul

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   DaxStern

DaxStern

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:36 PM

They have 12 warehouses around the country, as do most directv sellers and they usually ship from the closest one, so Im not sure why one would be shipping from NY to Cali. Mine is also coming from NY, will be here in a few days.

#53 OFFLINE   pecocus

pecocus

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:37 PM

mine hasnt shown a updated thing, just that billing information was recieved, does anyone know where Value E has warehouses? and why they wouldnt ship from the closet one to you ( I am not complaining as VE has by far been the best for me (even better then DIrectv themselves getting me good equipment)

This is simply a guess on my part, but I would say that likely the warehouse near you ran out, while this other warehouse still had stock.

Like I said, just a guess. :)

#54 OFFLINE   DaxStern

DaxStern

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

This is simply a guess on my part, but I would say that likely the warehouse near you ran out, while this other warehouse still had stock.

Well, I would agree, except he made it sound like he had plenty left in the various warehouses.

#55 OFFLINE   uvamack

uvamack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:10 PM

Robert,

I just placed my order at 9:45pm on 9/12. I have an install date set for this Sat 9/16, is there any chance I would receive my order on Friday if I live in Maryland?

#56 OFFLINE   stuart628

stuart628

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:49 PM

Mine is coming from Georgia, and will be here thursday!
Hr20-700 , R15, Directv NFL sunday ticket with superfan!

#57 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

Mine is coming from Syracuse and Im set for a Thursday delivery
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#58 OFFLINE   uvamack

uvamack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:02 PM

Mine is coming from Syracuse (I THINK) I can't tell from the tracking number thing but Im set for a Thursday delivery as well.

When did you all place your order?

#59 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:04 PM

9/1
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#60 OFFLINE   Jeremy

Jeremy

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:18 PM

But, there must have been something closer to CA than NY? I was really hoping to have it before the weekend. I guess there's nothing I can do now. Still better than the BA fiasco I guess.

#61 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:33 PM

Mine is on it's way from NY, due for delivery on the 14th.

#62 OFFLINE   carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:17 PM

Thinking...thinking...

Since I'm exhausted in having to deal with D*'s CSR reps, it seems that VE is the way to go.

But a question to those of you who ordered...

How are you handling the AT9 dish install? Do you have an H20 and already have the new dish? What kind of deal is D* giving you on installation?

#63 OFFLINE   pappys

pappys

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:59 AM

How are you handling the AT9 dish install? Do you have an H20 and already have the new dish? What kind of deal is D* giving you on installation?

It should be free if you call D*. All the other posters say it is just a matter of calling D* and setting it up.
HR20-700 (conected to plasma via receiver)
HR21-100, Connected to LCD in Bedroom and via component to my plasma in my bedroom.
HR20-700
H20
Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch
AT9 Dish
Hitachi Plasma TV.
Sony BDS-350 Blu-ray player.

#64 OFFLINE   pmayo2002

pmayo2002

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:59 AM

Thinking...thinking...

Since I'm exhausted in having to deal with D*'s CSR reps, it seems that VE is the way to go.

Had my AT9 dish installed when I bought my H20 from VE. Installed my AT9 myslef, took about 2 hours..

Just got my tracking number... Texas to Florida.. Strange since I though Robert had a fullfillment house in Florida.. But happy to see it is on its way...

#65 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,255 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:22 AM

Well, I would agree, except he made it sound like he had plenty left in the various warehouses.

Robert e-mailed me, said that all the other warehouses ran out except for NY so that's where late orders were shipping from.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#66 OFFLINE   Jeremy

Jeremy

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:14 AM

Robert e-mailed me, said that all the other warehouses ran out except for NY so that's where late orders were shipping from.

I don't know what constitutes a "late" order. I placed my order over a week ago. I just which I would have been given the option to cancel if it wasn't available at a closer location. Part of the "sell" was that they were shipping from "12 fulfillment warehouses across the US" and that most would arrive in 1-3 days. Now Best Buy has them for $299 as well and I could just go down and pick one up at the store and have it right away. Does anyone know if it's possible for them to "recall" an order while in shipment?

#67 OFFLINE   derekjsmith

derekjsmith

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:26 AM

Yes Best Buy now has them for $299 but they are out of stock as well, so unless your local BB has them on the shelf you would still have to wait
The CalMAN Hardware Guy :D

#68 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:43 AM

Thinking...thinking...

Already had an H20 and the AT9 dish.
Dan Sholtis

#69 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

Thinking...thinking...

When I get mine I'll call up DirecTV to get a dish upgrade and a new switch and schedule that install as well as activate the HR20 on my current setup. It will be the easiest install the installer will ever get. Put up the dish, I'll install the switch and just hook up the cables. Done.

#70 OFFLINE   cwalton1

cwalton1

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:21 AM

I still have not received my shipping email from VE. I ordered a device from them yesterday at 2PM. Are there still units available and shipping at this point? Want to schedule my install as soon as I know that my device is on its way. Thanks in advance.

#71 OFFLINE   m2nal

m2nal

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:35 AM

I still have not received my shipping email from VE. I ordered a device from them yesterday at 2PM. Are there still units available and shipping at this point? Want to schedule my install as soon as I know that my device is on its way. Thanks in advance.

I put my order in yesterday around 12pm, called em up today and it looks like I just missed the cutoff(inventory ran out)to get my shipment this week....earliest to ship is Monday:( oh well , just gotta wait it out

#72 OFFLINE   grgcombs

grgcombs

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:37 AM

I'm in the same boat as you cwalton ... I placed my order with beachaudio the same day they made the HR20 available on their site. Turns out that was a sham, as we all know ... so once I found this out, I canceled my order with BA and placed it with VE yesterday morning when they opened. The guy said they had roughly 20 left at that time, so I should have my HR20 shipped later that day.

Turns out he was mistaken. So beach audio screwed me over double ... We didn't find out it was a sham until after VE had already sold all their units. They hope to get some more units next week, but as we all know, there's no telling till the tracking number arrives.

#$%@#^@#$%$@#'ing Beach Audio ... @!#$!@^#$%#'ing Best Buy ... @#$^ &@#$%@#'ing DirecTV ... #$%^^!@#$%$@ University of Texas at Dallas ... ^@#$%$^##$'ing Electoral College.

Greg

#73 OFFLINE   cwalton1

cwalton1

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:56 AM

I'm in the same boat as you cwalton ... I placed my order with beachaudio the same day they made the HR20 available on their site. Turns out that was a sham, as we all know ... so once I found this out, I canceled my order with BA and placed it with VE yesterday morning when they opened. The guy said they had roughly 20 left at that time, so I should have my HR20 shipped later that day.

Turns out he was mistaken. So beach audio screwed me over double ... We didn't find out it was a sham until after VE had already sold all their units. They hope to get some more units next week, but as we all know, there's no telling till the tracking number arrives.

#$%@#^@#$%$@#'ing Beach Audio ... @!#$!@^#$%#'ing Best Buy ... @#$^ &@#$%@#'ing DirecTV ... #$%^^!@#$%$@ University of Texas at Dallas ... ^@#$%$^##$'ing Electoral College.

Greg

Bummer, bummer! :( Oh well. Maybe D* will be fixing more the bugs in the mean time. Would have been nice to get an email stating that they are sold out and will be shipping again soon....

#74 OFFLINE   carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:15 PM

RE: AT9 Dish install...

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Every time I call D* to order the HR20, I get told the same thing (only in LA).

Rather than go down D* CSR spiral once again, I think I'll go through VE.

#75 OFFLINE   cjwal

cjwal

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:40 PM

Try to call D* again. I just called (Already have mine coming from VE) and today they offered me the HR20 for Free. Set up the install and ready to go. BTW, they were excited it was finally here as well.:grin:
(4) HR20s
(2) H20s
Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch
Slimline Dish
DIRECTV since 1996

Protected By... spam firewall...And...