Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any news when Value Electronics will start shipping??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   grgcombs

grgcombs

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:16 PM

Try to call D* again. I just called (Already have mine coming from VE) and today they offered me the HR20 for Free. Set up the install and ready to go. BTW, they were excited it was finally here as well.:grin:

Are you a premier channel subscriber or do you get NFL sunday ticket? I ask because you mention you're getting this for free, so I'm curious if you're a more preferred customer due to your subscribed packages.

g

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   cwalton1

cwalton1

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:32 PM

just went to BB at lunch and got one, couldnt wait so I had to cancel the VE order, oh well can't wait to play with the hr20 tonite!

I just went by BB at lunch and they were sold out. However, they were getting more in tomorrow (Friday) so I "pre-ordered" one. Sat install set for 9/18!! Canceled my order with VE.

#83 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

Got mine delivered from Robert this morning. Install on the 19th.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#84 OFFLINE   sdlevi27

sdlevi27

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:37 PM

Recieved mine from VE.com this afternoon. So far, very impressed. The speed improvement over the HR10-250 is worth the (free) price alone. Haven't had any freezes yet (but it's only been up for an hour). Once they enable the OTA tuner I'll be very happy (or just fix the damn MPEG4 8mm issue!!!)

#85 OFFLINE   carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

Gave up on D* and their CSR death spiral.

Local Best Buy (Oceanside) had several in stock. Picked one up for $299, less the $100 gift card I had.

Now on to installation.:hurah:

#86 OFFLINE   Greendragon

Greendragon

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

Cwalton1;

Which BB where you at? I would like to pick one up tommorow if possible. The BB at Lindbergh Plaza told me they were out at the warehouse and it would be next week bafore they got any.

#87 OFFLINE   RedskinsForever

RedskinsForever

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:53 AM

Got mine from VE yesterday ordered last week. Activated and loving it!!! Kept the HR10-250 in the basement with the CRT HDTV (for when I want to kick the kids in the basement). Thanks VE (also bought HR10 from them over one year ago without a problem)!

#88 OFFLINE   Sknzfan

Sknzfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:20 AM

Got mine from VE yesterday ordered last week. Activated and loving it!!! Kept the HR10-250 in the basement with the CRT HDTV (for when I want to kick the kids in the basement). Thanks VE (also bought HR10 from them over one year ago without a problem)!

He also meant to add..GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SKINS beat the Cowgoyl's !:grin:

Just had to do it...

#89 OFFLINE   sbcale

sbcale

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:06 AM

I got my HR20 from VE this past Thursday the 14th and I only ordered in Monday the 11th. I learned my lesson the hard way and ordered with Beach Audio first, but when they didn't deliver I ordered from VE and got it really fast! Very good communication and fast shipping. Thanks Robert! Now I just can't wait to get it installed this Thursday.

#90 OFFLINE   mknoebel

mknoebel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:40 AM

Very good communication and fast shipping.

This is my frustration with VE right now. I placed an order Monday (after getting a response in this thread that it would be sent Tuesday morning). I never received a shipping email so I PM'd Robert (which was read according to my PM section) and I sent an email to sales @ VE. I STILL haven't received a response to let me know if my HR20 was sent or not.
Mike

#91 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:50 AM

Mike -- call the store. Half of the time, Robert answers. Especially around supper time in NY when his staff is escaping and he's left holding the fort.

I would have ordered from him except I'm one of those Lifers who copping for free. 1st install was yesterday; but, box was messed up and wouldn't install. Next try, next week. Dish went up like a champ, though, attached to soffit same place as the P3 -- and the installer moved the P3 over to the guest house; so, I can use it for all of the 3-satellite group of birds -- for SD on the TV over there.

#92 OFFLINE   mknoebel

mknoebel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:59 AM

Mike -- call the store. Half of the time, Robert answers. Especially around supper time in NY when his staff is escaping and he's left holding the fort.

I'm a teacher and I'm coaching football right now. I usually don't get home until about 7 Colorado time (9 in NY). By the time I get some dinner and some quality time with the girls it's about 9 my time.

I figured if the internet was good enough to place the order it should work for answering a couple of questions.
Mike

#93 OFFLINE   bobojay

bobojay

Godfather

• Registered
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

I'm a teacher and I'm coaching football right now. I usually don't get home until about 7 Colorado time (9 in NY). By the time I get some dinner and some quality time with the girls it's about 9 my time.

I figured if the internet was good enough to place the order it should work for answering a couple of questions.

You're right, it should be..............
DirecTV HR24-200 HD DVR LivRm, HR24-200 bedroom, AU-9 Slimline dish
Hitachi 50V500A 50" LCD HD TV, Component Hook Ups,
APC Smart U-P-S 900 Battery Backup

#94 OFFLINE   shortstop11_jeff

shortstop11_jeff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:36 AM

I was told this morning that the next available receivers cannot be ready to be shipped until October 2nd. Not sure if it was Robert, but the guy was extremely nice and you could tell he felt my pain. He even mentioned Bestbuy.com as an alternative to try- If my bestbuy.com order falls through (ie- no delivery till 10/1 or later) then I will quickly call VE and order from them based on this call experience and Robert's up front posts on this site.

#95 OFFLINE   bootylactin

bootylactin

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

Yep, I saw the same message on their website....

#96 OFFLINE   DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Legend

• No PM's
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:20 PM

Mike,

I am very sorry. I must assume I accidentally deleted your PM as I can not find it. I can assure you your experience is not typical for my company.

I just got back from CEDIA today and also thought I responded to all of my emails, but honestly their were hundreds and I spent the entire day just catching up on emails and phone messages so it could have been overlooked.

Please let me know if I can do anything at this time.

I hope and assume you received your HR20-700 you ordered from my company by now. We shipped hundreds of orders, but we did run out before fulfilling every order and some orders were shipped from distant warehouses as our inventory was not perfectly balanced against all of the orders in every city across the country.

DIRECTV and my company sold far more HR20s that projected and these HD DVRs are very hard to get at this time. Our next large allocation is due in the week of 10/2.

-Robert

This is my frustration with VE right now. I placed an order Monday (after getting a response in this thread that it would be sent Tuesday morning). I never received a shipping email so I PM'd Robert (which was read according to my PM section) and I sent an email to sales @ VE. I STILL haven't received a response to let me know if my HR20 was sent or not.

#97 OFFLINE   mknoebel

mknoebel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:29 PM

Robert,

No. I have not received my HR20. I never received a shipping email so I have no idea if it's on the way or if it was never processed.
Mike

#98 OFFLINE   mknoebel

mknoebel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:32 PM

Robert,

I re-sent the PM I sent you last week.
Mike

#99 OFFLINE   mknoebel

mknoebel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:19 PM

I've tried to be patient through this process, knowing that many folks want the HR20. But this has been one of the more frustrating orders I've ever placed.

I ordered the box last Monday (9/11/06). I was told by Robert in this thread that it would be shipped out the next morning. I never received a shipping confermation - so I emailed and PM'd Robert asking about the status of my order. I didn't get a response until the post he made in this thread. OK, he was at CEDIA (I guess they didn't have internet access there...)

Robert said that there was a mixup, and he would get one right out to me -- but again he never got me a shipping confirmation (this was Monday/Tuesday). I tried a couple of days to find out the status of my order - but Robert didn't answer my emails. Finally, yesterday (Thursday) his wife sent me an email saying that it would get to me today (Friday) -for sure. Well, it didn't.

So, I place an order on 9/11/06. I was charged immediately for it. But I haven't received my box. I have had a ton of trouble getting a solid answer out of Robert - even though when I was thinking about placing an order he got back to me right away.

I'm not upset that I don't have my HR20 today. If I have to wait - I have to wait. That's fine. I'm upset because I was told (in this thread) that if I oredered I would get it shipped out in the morning. Yet for the past two weeks I haven't gotten a straight answer out of Robert or his company.

A few have said that all I have to do is call him and I'll get an answer. But again, my schedule is such that I don't really have time to make a call. I ordered online, and I should be able to have some questions answered honestly and completely through email.
Mike

Protected By... spam firewall...And...