Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Question for successful HR20 orders/installs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kaptron

kaptron

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:54 AM

I have a question for people that already successfully ordered their HR20's (especially that got it for $19.99 calling DTV), did you have to trade in your old receiver or anything like that? I have an HR10 that I paid $700 for from DTV's website over a year ago, and I'd gladly trade it in if that's what they require (but it doesn't sound like anyone is doing that...)

Also do you have to sign a 2 year lease? I might be moving in the next year so I'd prefer not to... I already signed a 2 year lease when I originally installed HD, would I have to start it over just to get the new receiver?

Haven't personally tried calling DTV about it yet, other than asking them about the HR20 last month (when I got the standard "coming this fall" response), just wanted to gather some more info before I did. According to people here I could get one at Best Buy in the bay area, but I'm also curious about the 2 year lease, etc., when going that route.

Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mavrick

Mavrick

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:39 AM

I had the HR20 installed last Friday and got it for free did not have to pay the $19.99 they wavied that. They also let me keep my 3 week old HR10-250 reciever.

And yes you will have to sign a 2 year lease starting from the day that it is installed if I remeber correctly.

#3 OFFLINE   tommyb

tommyb

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

Got mine for shipping only. Csr asked me if I would be relocating my 5 month old, free upgrade H-20 or if I would be taking it out of sevice. So I assume that I get to keep it. I will let you know for sure tommorrow, install scheduled for the a.m.

#4 OFFLINE   cpbergie

cpbergie

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:11 AM

I got my HR20 on 9/8 and according to the installer, he was supposed to take my HR10, i asked if i could keep it, just in case there were problems with the HR20 and he had no problem with it.

#5 OFFLINE   LockMD

LockMD

Godfather

• Registered
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:38 AM

Like Maverick, mine was no charge at all. The only reason they are taking back their leased HR10-250 is because I deactivated it. If I kept it active there would have been no problem in keeping it.

#6 OFFLINE   les108

les108

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:11 AM

I have a question for people that already successfully ordered their HR20's (especially that got it for $19.99 calling DTV), did you have to trade in your old receiver or anything like that? I have an HR10 that I paid $700 for from DTV's website over a year ago, and I'd gladly trade it in if that's what they require (but it doesn't sound like anyone is doing that...)

Also do you have to sign a 2 year lease? I might be moving in the next year so I'd prefer not to... I already signed a 2 year lease when I originally installed HD, would I have to start it over just to get the new receiver?

Haven't personally tried calling DTV about it yet, other than asking them about the HR20 last month (when I got the standard "coming this fall" response), just wanted to gather some more info before I did. According to people here I could get one at Best Buy in the bay area, but I'm also curious about the 2 year lease, etc., when going that route.

Thanks in advance.

Had my HR-20 installed on 9/13.. I was sent a box via fed-ex and a shipping label to return the prior receiver

#7 OFFLINE   Larry G

Larry G

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:02 AM

Mine will be installed tomorrow. I'm keeping the H-20 I bought in Feb for that it's replacing. The CSR told me I did not have to keep the H-20 active to keep it. I assume that's because it is owned by me not leased.

#8 OFFLINE   gtjacket

gtjacket

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:11 AM

I got my HR20 installed yesterday. While retention indicated they would take the HR10 back with them the installer didn't have it in his orders to do so. So, I still have the old unit. I did have to do the 2-year contract though.

#9 OFFLINE   tommyb

tommyb

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:24 AM

Got mine for shipping only. Csr asked me if I would be relocating my 5 month old, free upgrade H-20 or if I would be taking it out of sevice. So I assume that I get to keep it. I will let you know for sure tommorrow, install scheduled for the a.m.

I was able to keep mine. I already had the AT-9 as well, and the installer left the new one for me. He told me if it is on the order that it is mine. Now I have a spare. I figured since I as upgraded for free, I certainly wouldnt be allowed to keep the dish, but I was wrong. Anybody need one???

spam firewall