Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dtv Wtf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   naldoron

naldoron

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:52 AM

I called 2 different people at DTV this morning who told me the HR20 was available in my area now (the first time I was disconnected). I had previously arranged to get the swap out from my HR10-250 free less shipping. I was told that had to be done through customer retention so I was transferred. I was then told by customer retention that the HR20 can only be ordered in the Los Angeles area!
I then called back DTV and was told I can order through Best Buy which of course you can not do right now ("coming soon"). After this experience I have to conclude no one there knows what they are doing. Since I have both Sunday Ticket and Super Fan I would be nice to have a receiver that could utilize the features available. I have come to the conclusion with the latest developments that HR20 probably will not be available this season. :mad: :mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:58 AM

I called 2 different people at DTV this morning who told me the HR20 was available in my area now (the first time I was disconnected). I had previously arranged to get the swap out from my HR10-250 free less shipping. I was told that had to be done through customer retention so I was transferred. I was then told by customer retention that the HR20 can only be ordered in the Los Angeles area!
I then called back DTV and was told I can order through Best Buy which of course you can not do right now ("coming soon"). After this experience I have to conclude no one there knows what they are doing. Since I have both Sunday Ticket and Super Fan I would be nice to have a receiver that could utilize the features available. I have come to the conclusion with the latest developments that HR20 probably will not be available this season. :mad: :mad:

What latest developments? (Note: The "recall" has already been debunked)

Call back later this week, as Best Buy does have the exclusive contract till tomorrow.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   naldoron

naldoron

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:13 AM

What latest developments? (Note: The "recall" has already been debunked)

Call back later this week, as Best Buy does have the exclusive contract till tomorrow.

Well, if Best Buy has exclusive until 09-13 why would "coming soon" be listed on their web site and why would the person I taLked to in customer retention say later or towards the end of the year? I know someone did not know the facts or was just guessing.

#4 OFFLINE   tommyb

tommyb

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:49 AM

I ordered mine through D* yesterday. Try again, see what happens.

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:52 AM

Well, if Best Buy has exclusive until 09-13 why would "coming soon" be listed on their web site and why would the person I taLked to in customer retention say later or towards the end of the year? I know someone did not know the facts or was just guessing.

Not sure why it went to coming soon, vs back order... but from the emails I got, Best Buy is at a low stock point, that triggers the website and the store inventory levels.

No, it is not going to be "later" or towards the end of the year.
It is a unit in high demand right now.... and IMHO, now that the Tivo Series 3 is out, the demand will increase... simply because people who where on the fence waiting to compare, have that comparison now (or will later this week)... and will be able to choose T3 or HR20 (or something else).

NOTE: That comment was not saying the T3 is better or worse then the HR20, just saying that there is a large number of people that where waiting to decided between the two, and they can now make their choice. So even if it was a 50/50 split, demand for the HR20 will go up.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   tbranan

tbranan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:16 AM

Go into Best Buy. Do not trust their site for in store pick up. I went there on a whim after checking the site(unavailable), and there were 5 of them sitting by the front door on a display. Don't just assume. You know what that gets ya...

spam firewall