First post, so please be gentle
I've had my HR20 for a couple of weeks and I have been pretty happy with it overall. The UI took some getting used to after using TiVo for so long, but I think I'm getting used to it.
A couple of questions\problems:
1) I've had one black screen recording so far. It wouldn't FF, RW, or 30 second skip. Just a black screen and it would not respond. I finally had to delete the recording. From what I've read this is fairly common and hopefully a fix will be forthcoming.
2) When doing a search, does anyone know of a way to filter by the current Favorites list? My current Favorites list only has the HD locals. I've filtered out the SD locals. The problem is that when I go to do a search for a show, it lists both the show on the HD local and on the SD local. I have to play a guessing game as to which instance of the show to select (and, of course, I always seem to guess wrong on the first try
3) I've had some problems trying to manually re-record a repeat of a show that I have a Series Link for. For example, I recorded Friday Night Lights on Tuesday night via my Series Link (set to First Run Only). The recording was bad (see #1 above), but thankfully NBC was replaying the same episode on Wednesday night. So I went in through My VOD to view upcoming episodes, and tried to click Record, but it wouldn't do anything. As a workaround, I went through the guide, found the episode, and clicked the ® button and it recorded fine.
4) I've had a lot of audio drops and pixellation on my HD locals (Chicago area). It's especially bad on my local CBS station (channel 2). I assume it's the station or DTV and not the receiver/dish. Anybody else in the Chicago area having these same problems or is it in fact my receiver/dish? No problems on any other HD or SD channels.
5) My DTV remote seems super-sensitive. For example, when I go to do a search and I type in "G", it will show that I typed in "GG" (like I pressed it twice, which I did not). I also find myself skipping through screens because my remote thinks I'm pressing buttons multiple times. Is anyone else having this problem with the DTV universal remote? I figure either it's sensitive for everybody, it's just my remote, or it's just a matter of me getting used to a new remote.
Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide on any of the above!
EDIT: My HR20 video is connected via component to my Marantz receiver, which is connected via component to my Panasonic plasma TV. The audio is connected from my HR20 to my receiver via optical, which is connected to my TV via optical.