Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 in Seattle, WA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hmss007

hmss007

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:59 PM

Hey all,

Today I called the Ironwood Communications office in Lynnwood, WA and they confirmed that they have HR20s in stock and ready for installation.

I then called DTV Retention and requested an installation date (I had previously called and had my account notated that I would receive the HR20 and 5-LNB dish for free).

The CSR was great. He informed me that he could certainly schedule an install, but he couldn't guarantee that the HR20 would be installed. Apparently the BestBuy exclusive time is still in their systems and they don't have the ability to guarantee what the installers will show up with yet. But, knowning that Ironwood had the HR20s in stock, I asked to have it notated in my install order and set a date.

So, long story short, I have an install date of Sunday, 10/1 setup. Although I would like to have it installed sooner, I figure by 10/1 any issues should be ironed out and I'll be that much closer to having the OTA inputs activated as well.

Just thought I'd pass along the info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   wirelessbk

wirelessbk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

I also have an installation scheduled, for 9/24. I purchased my HR20 from VE and scheduled the installation through D* about 2 weeks ago.

Now all we need is for KOMO (ABC) and KCPQ (Fox) to get their agreements in place to have the Big 4 in Local HD. It will be hard to have this new HD DVR up and running without being able to watch the Seahawks in HD on Sundays! :mad:

#3 OFFLINE   hmss007

hmss007

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:47 PM

A few weeks ago I sent emails to KOMO and KCPQ and here's the responses I recieved...

--------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: KOMO 4 in HDTV on DIRECTV
Date: August 23, 2006 3:56:30 PM PDT

Fisher and Direct TV are currently in negotiations...should be soon.

--------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: KCPQ in HDTV on DIRECTV?
Date: August 23, 2006 4:24:29 PM PDT

Our parent Corp. just this month (August 1) successfully executed a "Re-Transmission" agreement with Direct TV to include our Seattle based DTV stations, KCPQ & KMYQ to the local Seattle HD line up. Our best guess is it will take at least 30 days to integrate these additional channels into the Satellite/Transponder uplink system.

Thank you for your interest in our stations.

KCPQ TV & KMYQ TV
Tribune Television Northwest

#4 OFFLINE   sealslayer

sealslayer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:06 PM

I also have an HD DVR installation scheduled for Oct 1. The DirecTV CSR could not confirm or deny if I was to get either the HR10 or HR20. They also said that the HR20 had not been released outside of LA. The only way the CSR was able to put it in her system was to schedule a full install (HD DVR+New Dish). Since I already have the new dish, I talked with Ironwood to see if they can come sooner if they could skip the dish installation. I remember the last time it took nearly 4 hours to install the dish.

The bottom line was that they put me on a wait list for an earlier opening. They also confirmed that they had the HR20's in stock and that is what I'm getting.

Hopefully this process will be easier for others now that DirecTV shows the HR 20 on their web site.

#5 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,656 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:30 PM

Be sure to call the local Ironwood office to verify that you'll be getting an HR20 DVR. They'll know better than the central DirecTV scheduling folks. I was very impressed by the Ironwood team when they installed my new AT9 dishes a couple weeks ago.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#6 OFFLINE   hmss007

hmss007

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:25 PM

Which Ironwood office does the installations for Snohomish County (Bothell/Mill Creek) area; DexOnline has an office in Everett & Lynnwood.

Thanks

#7 OFFLINE   sealslayer

sealslayer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

I called the Ironwood office in Lynnwood. They had my order in their system and I was lead to believe that my order in Snohomish would be taken care of out of their office. The person I talked to assured me they have plenty of HR20's. I asked twice and made it clear that I'm swapping for an H20 and she repeated the information back to me.

#8 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,656 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:13 AM

Which Ironwood office does the installations for Snohomish County (Bothell/Mill Creek) area; DexOnline has an office in Everett & Lynnwood.

Thanks

Lynnwood.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21

#9 OFFLINE   derekjsmith

derekjsmith

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

A few of the Seattle area BB stores are starting to show the HE20 in stock :)
The CalMAN Hardware Guy :D

#10 OFFLINE   reese44

reese44

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

went to southcenter bb and they were all out of stock tonight, asked for info on any others in the area and only federal way and lacey had any left according to the guy. i got the last one in federal way.

#11 OFFLINE   brittu

brittu

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:23 PM

Ironwood was scheduled to come and install an HR10-250 earlier this month but they didn't have any 8-way multiswitches in stock so they rescheduled to 9/16. Then they didn't come on 9/16 because they didn't have any HD DVRs in stock. They're now planning to come on Wednesday and I have no idea what I'll be getting. Are they stll sending HR10-250s at all? I hope not...

#12 OFFLINE   ColinWD

ColinWD

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:27 AM

Guess I am in a bit of shock....placed my order through DTV on Sunday. Called them yesterday to set up an installation appointment. The choices I got were this Wednesday and this Friday. Next available slots were at the end of October. Took the Friday one and tried to confirm I was getting an HR20. I had some language difficulties with the CSR but got a "yes" to my question on the HR20. After reading here that none were available anymore I called Ironwood this morning and they confirmed the appointment and also confirmed I was getting an HR20. Pretty excited about the whole thing - can't hardly wait.

#13 OFFLINE   philly256

philly256

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:43 PM

I called DTV last week to order HR20 and set up install. had some fits and starts with them. First CSR kept saying it was an H20 and I kept telling her it was an HR20. Next rep was better although they were not 100% positive that I would get the HR20. They thought I might get an HR10. Gave me the HR20 and the dish free (since that is what the first rep quoted me). Scheduled the install for Sunday moring, 9/24, which was nice since I didn't have to miss work to do this. It is now installed and working well. A few very minor glitches but nothing of any import. Still trying to learn it. So far I like it. All I need now is more HD channels, e.g., KOMO, Fox, etc, see above. Life is good.

#14 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,656 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:03 PM

I called DTV last week to order HR20 and set up install. had some fits and starts with them. First CSR kept saying it was an H20 and I kept telling her it was an HR20. Next rep was better although they were not 100% positive that I would get the HR20. They thought I might get an HR10. Gave me the HR20 and the dish free (since that is what the first rep quoted me). Scheduled the install for Sunday moring, 9/24, which was nice since I didn't have to miss work to do this. It is now installed and working well. A few very minor glitches but nothing of any import. Still trying to learn it. So far I like it. All I need now is more HD channels, e.g., KOMO, Fox, etc, see above. Life is good.

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum, too!

#15 OFFLINE   ColinWD

ColinWD

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:30 PM

Well the shock is gone and the unhappiness has set in. Got a call from Ironwood this morning wanting to reschedule to next Friday because they are out of equipment. Guess the person I spoke to at Ironwood either had no clue or just said yes they had them in stock just to get me off the phone. Either way I sure hate burning up a days pay for nothing and now have to burn another days pay and hope to hell they show up. Might not be quite as forgiving for two cancellations. We shall see I guess.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...