Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Got your HR20 at BB for $400? Get that $100 they took from you back!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

On BestBuy.com the HR20 is now listed at $299.99: http://www.bestbuy.c...st=hr20-700....

After looking at their "Price Guarantee" page (http://www.bestbuy.c...p?type=page&...)on the website, I saw the following:

What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?
If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com within 30 days of your original receipt purchase (14 days for select categories*), we will refund you 100% of the price difference. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect. Clearance items, open-box items or Web-exclusive offers advertised on BestBuy.com are not eligible for price matching.

So don't let BB run off with that extra $100 that is rightfully yours! Bring your BB receipt for the HR20, a print out of the HR20 product page on their website, and even a print out of their "Price Guarantee" if they give you a hard time about it. I'm going to the BB I got my HR20 from tomorrow to get my $100 back!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:36 PM

I thought this policy was well known. I wouldn't think anyone would get a hard time about it.

#3 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

I just went to the BB I got my HR20 from and they refunded the difference no questions asked. :D

I thought this policy was well known. I wouldn't think anyone would get a hard time about it.

Just thought it would be a good idea to bring the policy with you in case you get someone helping you on their first day of work there or something like that. I didn't need it though :)

#4 OFFLINE   tbranan

tbranan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

I got my hundred back today. I was buying another one and it was 299. I told the rep I paid 399 last week. He asked if I had my receipt or the card I bought it with, I gave him my credit card. He looked it up in their system and credited my acct 100 dollars! I didn't even ask for it, he just gave it to me. I knew the policy, but I guess it hadn't dawned on me that I could do it.
Look at all the HD goodness!

#5 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:13 AM

I got my hundred back today. I was buying another one and it was 299. I told the rep I paid 399 last week. He asked if I had my receipt or the card I bought it with, I gave him my credit card. He looked it up in their system and credited my acct 100 dollars! I didn't even ask for it, he just gave it to me. I knew the policy, but I guess it hadn't dawned on me that I could do it.

Exactly why I started this thread. I want to make sure everyone that bought from BB knows that they owe you $100.

#6 OFFLINE   Score023

Score023

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:11 AM

Poit, thanks for the info. with my $100 refund I came out with a damn good deal.

$299 for HR20 from BB minus $250 instant rebate from Directv and $10 off my bill for 12 mos. minus $10 off HBO for 6 mos. minus $5 off HD for 6 mos. I actually came out with a plus $160.

So basically Directv paid me $160 to go to Best Buy and hook it up myself.

#7 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:19 AM

Poit, thanks for the info. with my $100 refund I came out with a damn good deal.

$299 for HR20 from BB minus $250 instant rebate from Directv and $10 off my bill for 12 mos. minus $10 off HBO for 6 mos. minus $5 off HD for 6 mos. I actually came out with a plus $160.

Glad to hear it!

#8 OFFLINE   GADA

GADA

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:20 AM

Score, can you enlighten me on the $250 instant rebate from DirecTV? I just received my $100 back from BB this morning and would really like to keep reductions going.

Thanks!

#9 OFFLINE   Score023

Score023

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

Gada, I got a deal in place with retention before I went to BB and bought it. I also had the option of waiting and getting it through Directv for $19.95 SH, but I was affraid the installer would show up with the HR10 so I took the offer I posted above and went to BB.

#10 OFFLINE   JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

Got my rebate at lunch -- no muss no fuss. And I went to get the rebate at a different BB than I picked up the HR20 from just to make it interesting.

#11 OFFLINE   jdmac29

jdmac29

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:38 PM

I now only paid Directv 77.74 for the HR20-700 with directv discount(basically I won't have a bill for about 4 months) and the $100 off from best buy.

#12 OFFLINE   GADA

GADA

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:37 PM

Score, thanks. I probably don't have much recourse after the fact but I did get my $100 back from BB so that's something.

Just got the new 5 LNB dish installed today so I get to play with hi-def locals tonight. Woopie!

#13 OFFLINE   cburns14

cburns14

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:13 PM

What I'm a bit worried about is that my receipt says HR20-250. Now the listing is for HR20-700S; I expect to get a bunch of grief.
However, here's the key: The SKU number on my receipt (and presumably yours) matches the SKU for the current listing.
I wonder if they'll even notice.
Now if they'd just ship the thing....

#14 OFFLINE   cburns14

cburns14

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

Looks like Best Buy automatically adjusted the order total! I got my shipment notification today, and went I went to BB to check the order status, it gave the price, shipping amount, tax etc, and the price was $299.99. Maybe they grab the price at the time the order is shipped, rather than when the order was put in. Well, I'm happy.

#15 OFFLINE   mklausing

mklausing

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

Thanks PoitNarf for the price reduction information! I did get the reduced price difference refunded. I wasn't aware ,untill I read your post, that the price was reduced. I have become a good Best Buy customer. I have done well with my previous purchases. When my HDTV was reduced by $300.00 I was able to get the difference refunded. Thnks to all who post information regarding Directv. I have found that getting information, inspite of getting bounced around alot, is difficult. (Fast growth vs the ability to handle it). Now, when is the tuners going to activated?

spam firewall