Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 Without HD-LIL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,947 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

After my call to DirecTV earlier today, it made me curious.

How many people here with HR20s installed, or with HR20s set for install from DirecTV (Best Buy, Value Electronics, etc... purchases don't count) live in a area without HD-LIL?

~Alan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,061 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:33 PM

I'm in Austin, no HD LIL's here yet (due this month) and scheduled for an HR20 this Friday.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,947 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:59 AM

I'm in Austin, no HD LIL's here yet (due this month) and scheduled for an HR20 this Friday.

Hmm... I was really hoping to hear from somebody who probably won't be receiving HD-LIL this year since DirecTV may be trying to go ahead and get people in DMAs about to receive HD-LIL switched over anyway...

I noticed people are starting to get E-Mails saying that the HR20 is out, but so far, no luck with me...

~Alan

#4 OFFLINE   dconfer

dconfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:16 AM

Iam in the center part of PA and I dont have HD LIL feeds either and I just got off the phone with D*. Install is set of Oct 7. We probaly wont have the HD feeds until next year. Was not a problem for me to get the HR20.

#5 OFFLINE   cbearnm

cbearnm

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:26 AM

I'm in the Albuquerque-Santa Fe, NM DMA and will probably not see HD-LIL until at least the end of the year.
My HR20-700 showed up to day (from Value Electronics) to replace my old GXCEBOT. Once LIL come in, I plan on having D* upgrade my 10-250 for me as well. So until then, I will be running the 10-250 and 20-700 while 'de-comissioning' the old TIVo unit. That old girl has about 80 hours of programming to be watched/archived.
(Keeping the 10-250 up let's me get around the dual live buffers issues as well, not as important until we get HD-LIL, then ... lookout for my griping)

#6 OFFLINE   rodwslc

rodwslc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:23 PM

After my call to DirecTV earlier today, it made me curious.

How many people here with HR20s installed, or with HR20s set for install from DirecTV (Best Buy, Value Electronics, etc... purchases don't count) live in a area without HD-LIL?

~Alan

Please help me out as I am a newbie... What is "HD-LIL"? And how do I know if I have it or I don't.

And while I am asking, can someone explain what "DMA" is? I have seen that come up a number of time on these forums, but I have know idea what it is.

Is there a list some where that explains all of these terms everyone seems to be batting around? I would love to come up to speed with everyone else.:D

Thanks for your help in educating me!:)

#7 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,947 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:37 PM

Please help me out as I am a newbie... What is "HD-LIL"? And how do I know if I have it or I don't.

And while I am asking, can someone explain what "DMA" is? I have seen that come up a number of time on these forums, but I have know idea what it is.

Is there a list some where that explains all of these terms everyone seems to be batting around? I would love to come up to speed with everyone else.:D

Thanks for your help in educating me!:)

HD-LIL refers to your local channels being offered by DirecTV in HD.
SD-LIL refers to your local channels being offered by DirecTV in SD.

DMA refers to 'Designated Market Area". Your DMA determines what local channels DirecTV can offer you. For instance, if you receive the San Francisco local channels, you are in the San Francisco DMA.

~Alan

#8 OFFLINE   rodwslc

rodwslc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

HD-LIL refers to your local channels being offered by DirecTV in HD.
SD-LIL refers to your local channels being offered by DirecTV in SD.

DMA refers to 'Designated Market Area". Your DMA determines what local channels DirecTV can offer you. For instance, if you receive the San Francisco local channels, you are in the San Francisco DMA.

~Alan

Alan, thank you for taking the time to clear that up for me! It's much appreciated.:)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...