Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Install Questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tpreed

tpreed

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:04 AM

Called Directv a couple of days ago and got them to give me a free HD DVR and now I am wondering if I need to buy a multiswitch before Friday afternoon when the installer arrives.

Here is the Order Detail...

Directv 5-LNB Multi Satellite Dish $ 0.00

Handling $19.95

Standard Professional Install $0.00

Swap ReplaceImplied DVD IRD $0.00 (I have no clue what this item means)

Directv HD DVR Expanded HD Prog. Capable $0.00

Tax $1.40

* Anyone know if when the installer arrives since I will now have six feeds or RG6 going, will he just add a FREE multiswitch when he does the install? Or do I need to call Directv before the install to make sure a multiswitch is on the order?

Note I already added the additional runs of RG6 so he won't need to pull wires to the rooms the units are in.

* Anyone know what "Swap ReplaceImplied DVD IRD" would mean in the order detail?

*What does "Standard Professional Install" mean...how much do they actully do?

BTW no word on if it is a HR-20 but the customer service rep that got me the free unit said that since I am getting the 5-LNB Dish she assumes it is the HR-20.

Thanks in advance for all replies!

Tom

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tommyb

tommyb

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:26 AM

The installer will have it. I already had the at-9 and he brought another oneand since it was on the order, he left it. Now I have a spare.

spam firewall