Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need advice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   goingup

goingup

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:24 PM

About a year ago if not longer, I set up to have Dish installed with a 942 receiver. I canceled the order, but Dish had sent me the 942 and charged my credit card. I choose not go ahead with the install of Dish and I called to receive my refund. I was given instructions to take the RMA label that would be coming in the mail and attach it to the box to send the unit back. Well a month later I still received no RMA label and I called Dish and explained to the CSR what was happening. She explained that I was credited back already which I knew and an RMA label would be sent again. OK. Roughly another month goes by and still nothing. I call them again, and I'm told nothing about me or a previous purchase from me is in there system and they can't help me.

Flash to today, I want to get Dish and dont know what to do. Does anyone know if I can still use this 942 or is it too old now. Also, would or should I have to pay for it or is it considered a receiver that I bought outside of Dishnet. Then is it worth paying for is my next question or just purchase a newer unit that does the same DVR functioning.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,210 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:36 PM

About a year ago if not longer, I set up to have Dish installed with a 942 receiver. I canceled the order, but Dish had sent me the 942 and charged my credit card.

This is entirely between you and Dish Network. The 942 in your posession isn't activated and it isn't yours, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'd start all over with bargaining for a leased ViP622.

They may be hesitant to offer you a "never before subscriber" deal, and that's their right. Spin the wheel and see what comes up.

#3 OFFLINE   davemanfl

davemanfl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

Give them a call and let us know what they say.

#4 OFFLINE   Jon Spackman

Jon Spackman

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:56 PM

Hopefully they can take care of you with a 622 trade since you say it was never activated and just sat at your residence unused.

#5 OFFLINE   goingup

goingup

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:34 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I would want to get the ViP622 then, as its newer. I never wanted the 942, they just dropped the ball on getting it back. I will give it back to them if it doesn't cost me. I'm afraid they will charge me. Can you tell me more of what you mean to negotiate a leased deal on the ViP622. I have been out of work for 8 months and want to keep HD but don't have the money to get a $200 ViP622. Is there a way to work out a cheaper deal on the leasing of the ViP622?

#6 OFFLINE   Tulsa1

Tulsa1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:26 AM

I have been out of work for 8 months and want to keep HD but don't have the money to get a $200 ViP622. Is there a way to work out a cheaper deal on the leasing of the ViP622?

If you are out of work then I would think that a HD DVR would be a lower priority
to your necessities.

#7 OFFLINE   goingup

goingup

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:51 AM

I agree, i'm just examining my choices for the cheapest solution to tv for the next year or two.

#8 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

There is no cheaper deal for leasing the 622.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

Protected By... spam firewall...And...