Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Let's hear it for the 921!!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   DonLandis

DonLandis

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:03 PM

Rotrykt- Hopefully, you know the drill on the 622 HDMI- You need to contact Dish and get a 622 tech on line and request a replacement. Yopu have one of the 622's with a bad HDMI connection. It's a hardware flaw in the solder joints.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Rotryrkt

Rotryrkt

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:17 PM

Rotrykt- Hopefully, you know the drill on the 622 HDMI- You need to contact Dish and get a 622 tech on line and request a replacement. Yopu have one of the 622's with a bad HDMI connection. It's a hardware flaw in the solder joints.

Yes, I know the procedure. Since I bought it from a local retailer, I am tempted to try a solder repair myself and if that doesn't work, take it back to them for a replacement. I need to be totally sure before I try such a drastic step. I used to build Heathkits back in the '70s, so I have done a few circuit boards in my time, but none of the new surface mount stuff. The HDMI on mine is a very poor connector. It was loose when I first plugged a cable into it and it moves around very easily. There must be a better quality socket on the market since the one on my Vizio TV is rock solid and grips the connector firmly. I think Dish just spec'd a cheap piece of hardware.
2-HR24-500, 1-H25-500 WHDVR, Wireless CCK
S-3 SWM Dish
OTA Winegard HD7698P Rooftop

#23 OFFLINE   DonLandis

DonLandis

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

Me too on the home building back in the 60's / 70's. but today's SM soldering is a differenent ball game. To start with you'll need special soldering pencil with temperature control. Use magnifying head gear and have to have a very steady hand. You may want to PM David Lavin who has had success with an HDMI repair on his 622. David is good about giving you details on procedure.

#24 OFFLINE   bytre

bytre

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:02 AM

I'm on my third 921 in about 2.5 years. Its more stable now than in the past, but certainly not as solid as my 7100 is (which took a couple years to get to that point).

I returned my last one after repeated "smart card is not authorized" messages, which would go away after about 2 minutes, but would kill any recordings taking place.

My 921 now periodically irks me when it stops responding and won't power off (power lights go off, but still continues to show a picture) and requires a cold boot.

#25 OFFLINE   AnubisPrime

AnubisPrime

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

So CLUSTER size experiements are why I had all that stuttering. Now it's all gone!
Model ID: DishDVR 921
Card Revision: DNASP103 Rev30B
Boot Version: 120B
Flash Version: F052
SW Version: L332HECD-N

Protected By... spam firewall...And...