Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installation Issue - HELP!?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris12

Chris12

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:06 AM

First of all thank you for all of the information on this forum. It's great.

I realize that alot of the members are current D* customers, however, I am a "potential" new customer who has sought D* primarily for the HD Locals and NFL Sunday Ticket.

I thought I was one of the lucky customers who actually was able to order the HR-20 several weeks ago and receive an installation date. My order was placed on 8/30 for 1 - HR20 and 1- H20. I was given an install date for 9/16 (this past Saturday) from 1:00 - 5:00. I accepted this date because of what I read here, mainly that the HR20's would not be shipping until 9/11.

After re-arranging my schedule to be home this past weekend (initially had plans to be out of town) I received a call from the local installation company at 12:40 - 20 minutes prior to the start of the installation window cancelling the installation. :mad:

What upset me even more than getting a call this close to the installation was what the representative told me next. She said that they did not receive the HD DVR from DirecTV. I was upset, but told her that was okay...I wanted them to install the dish and the H20 (I had already purchased another HR20 from BB on Friday to replace the H20) after installation. She then changed her story and said they were out of stock on the 5 LNB Dish (AT9) and that DirecTV didn't ship them enough supply:nono2: .

She then said the earliest date they could re-schedule me for would be 10/11th - 25 days later:mad: . I explained that this was unacceptable. She said she'd have a manger contact me to try and arrange a sooner installation.

As of Monday morning, I still haven't heard anything.

As someone who's in sales for a profession, I cannot understand how this is even plausible. I'm looking for advice on how to handle this going forward. My feelings are that if DirecTV can't have someone install my system by this weekend, then I will take my 2 year commitment and potential $100+ per month (with the addition of NFL Sunday Ticket on an annual basis) revenue somewhere else where I will be appreciated.

If this post should be in another forum, please advise.

I look forward to reading some advice or if someone has a contact that can assist me I would certainly be willing to call and give them one more chance to keep my potential business.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

This may not be the total answer to your question, but I would advise you to call the DTV Installation department, not the local installer.

The one time I have dealt with them, they were very responsive and apologetic. They will probably assign your install to a different area installer who does have stock, and maybe give you programming discounts as well.

#3 OFFLINE   Chris12

Chris12

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:15 PM

Thanks. I actually did call DTV's installation department and I had to ask for a supervisor to get anywhere, but he contacted the local installer to try and get resolution. They left it that a team lead at the local installer would contact me if anything was available sooner....still haven't heard. As for discounts, he offered me a one time $20 credit once I activate my account.

#4 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

Sorry I couldn't help you more!

spam firewall