Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 Buffalo, NY area

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gusbuf

gusbuf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:36 AM

I am having an HR20 installed today, in a suburb of Buffalo, NY. Thought I was getting an HR10, but the installer told me all he had was hR20. Called D* and they said they are now only offering HR20. What irks me is that I will not be able to get my OTA HD locals through the HR20 until D* enables the OTA tuners. Iwill still get the HD locals through my TV's tuner, but will not be able to record my local HD's to the DVR. I think this stinks. At the time I placed my order in late August, it was specifically for an HR10. The tech's work order specifies an HR10, even though he has none available, and according to him, Halsted is clear out of any HR10's and only has HR20's. I asked a D* supervisor if I could buy one on my own and be reimbursed. He only offered to reimburse me $150. Seeing as I am getting my HDDVR for only $19.95, I am not about to spend $150 out of pocket. For my troubles, I am getting Showtime for free for 3 months, not exactly the appeasement I was looking for, but whatever. So now I will be getting an HR20 and an OTA antenna, but the OTA antenna will be connected to my TV directly. The CSR told me that D* hopes to activate the OTA tuners on the HR20 by the end of the year. I asked why they are not enabled now. He said he did not know their reasoning, but he was sure it was a good reason.

So basically, D* is really rolling this unit out, even to markets that won't be getting MPEG-4 HD and HD locals for about a year (Buffalo, NY is FAR down the list of upgrade cities).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall