Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Great Install in Wisconsin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ruesch37

ruesch37

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:46 PM

I got my HR20 and 5lnb Dish installed today. I had two very intelligent installers who went above and beyond. Everything is working great!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dishnet520

dishnet520

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:04 PM

I am getting my HR20 tommorow. Where do you live? I hope I get the same great service you received.
D* Sub Since 7/2006
2 - HR20-700
2 - HR24-200
1 - HR22-100
1 - R16-300

#3 OFFLINE   ruesch37

ruesch37

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:25 PM

I am getting my HR20 tommorow. Where do you live? I hope I get the same great service you received.

I live in Beloit Wisconsin. The installer came from Janesville- they were very professional and did a great job. HR20 is working great, now I'm looking foward to Madison locals in HD being added next month.

#4 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:39 PM

Congrats on the new toy...:D Im in the Cleveland DMA and it was the same flawless story I already had the 5 LNB dish all I needed was a 2nd line run and to tweak the dish for alignment. 2 installers here too one had a Russian kinda accent. Both very prefessional, they mentioned that my HR20 was the first one they had seen. They said they just go them in their wearhouse yesterday. They were amazed at the speed of the menus...lol. Another great job from Bluegrass Sat. Mine was the next to last job of the day. Before they left I tipped em each a $20 and told em to go get plastered when they're finished for the day..:D
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#5 OFFLINE   dishnet520

dishnet520

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:44 AM

I was afraid this would happen. Had my HR20 install set for 8-12 today and nobody shows up. Called D* and they give me number for install company (Premier). Called them and she says yes we see your install and we will call the technician to see where he is at. They call back 10 minutes later and say they can't seem to get in touch with him, but hold tight and he will be there sometime today. They told me to call back at 3 p.m. if he still hasn't shown up. Guess we wait and see
D* Sub Since 7/2006
2 - HR20-700
2 - HR24-200
1 - HR22-100
1 - R16-300

#6 OFFLINE   xchangx

xchangx

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:10 PM

I got my HR20 and 5lnb Dish installed today. I had two very intelligent installers who went above and beyond. Everything is working great!!

Had my install yesterday. They had to relocate my dish to install the 5LBN, but they buried the cable, neatly tie wrapped and screwed the tie wraps the the outside wall where you can barely see and set everything up.

Before he got started he brought the HR20 inside and let me play with it a little. I got it hooked up the way I wanted it and just left it running. After a while it started downloading the update, the installer came in and activated it for me.

Besides leaving a box out infront of my house, he was very nice and informative.

#7 OFFLINE   dishnet520

dishnet520

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:20 PM

Installer finally called at 5 p.m. and said he was en route. He arrived about 20 minutes later and stated he didn't have any 5LNB dishes, but had the HR20. I said all I need is the HR20 and that I already had the 5LNB installed in July. He was very happy to hear that. Everything seems to be working OK, lost sound on Ch. 642 for about 20 minutes, but it came back. Is HDMI very stable on this box? It seems to be a little glitchy. Just glad I finally got this puppy installed today. D* told me to call them once the installer finally got here and the unit was installed to see how they can accomadate my waste of a day. We'll see what happens.
D* Sub Since 7/2006
2 - HR20-700
2 - HR24-200
1 - HR22-100
1 - R16-300

spam firewall