Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installation 1 month away??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   franco

franco

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:53 AM

I just set up my install for a Hr20 DVR and 5LNB dish . They gave me an install time of Oct 19?? Anyone have to wait this long?? I live in the western NY area. Is there any way to escalate this? If so, who do you speak to?
Thanks!
Frank

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:14 AM

Better to be further than sooner for the HR20 installs that makes sure they have the equipment and installers are available
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:40 AM

It's the busiest time of season for installers due to Sunday Ticket starting up. I have an install set for Oct 7th but then I already installed the reciever so I'm just waiting for an install of the dish upgrade and switch.

#4 OFFLINE   TMullenJr

TMullenJr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:55 AM

I tried to setup an installation, and was also told late October. I decided to buy the AT-9 dish & install it myself. I should have it by the end of the week. I'm in Western CT.

#5 OFFLINE   Losana

Losana

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:42 PM

I just set up my install for a Hr20 DVR and 5LNB dish . They gave me an install time of Oct 19?? Anyone have to wait this long?? I live in the western NY area. Is there any way to escalate this? If so, who do you speak to?
Thanks!
Frank

You could call your local installer and see if they could put you in earlier or if there is a cancellation to contact you. I did this by calling Directv and asking for the local installers phone number.

#6 OFFLINE   bobojay

bobojay

Godfather

• Registered
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

Mine is set for 10/17. Called the install company, (Ironwood), and they put me on the so called "fast track". Supposedly may save a couple weeks.
We'll see!!
DirecTV HR24-200 HD DVR LivRm, HR24-200 bedroom, AU-9 Slimline dish
Hitachi 50V500A 50" LCD HD TV, Component Hook Ups,
APC Smart U-P-S 900 Battery Backup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...