Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV to offer local telephone service!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 12:05 PM

Check this out!

http://news.com.com/....html?tag=cd_mh

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   EricG

EricG

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 12:33 PM

By Golly, there gonna enforce that Phone Line Connection even if it means THEY'RE the phone company!
DirecTV HR21
DirecTV HR10-250 (30hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (140hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (107hr)

#3 OFFLINE   Karl Foster

Karl Foster

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 12:46 PM

Originally posted by EricG
By Golly, there gonna enforce that Phone Line Connection even if it means THEY'RE the phone company!

What is the big deal about having a phone connection? Mine have always been hooked up to phone line, and I don't feel like I am being violated in any way. My PPV's show up each month, so there are no surprises.

I can understand those who have cell service only, but for a normal land-line home, a phone line keeps everyone honest and helps D* keep the integrity of their product and keeps people from ripping them off. There are even wireless phone jacks for those who don't have a jack nearby.

When I signed up with D*, it was on my contract that I would have my receivers hooked up to a phone line. I'm pretty sure everyone's contract said the same thing, so why the complaints?
"If you took the time to get to know me, well, you'd be wasting your time. I am exactly who you think I am." - Earl Hickey

#4 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 06:24 AM

It's voice over IP (VOIP) via their DirecTV/DSL service, so it appears you still need a regualr phone line for your DSL to be delivered.

spam firewall