Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installer comes Friday. Swap Out questions?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rdowdy95

rdowdy95

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:05 PM

The guys are coming out Friday with new dish and HR20. My thing is on the swap out do I just give them my HR10-250. I still have the box and stuff, not sure about some of the cables. I guess I will give them what I got. Do I cut my card up or do I give them my access card too?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rdowdy95

rdowdy95

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:12 PM

bump

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,503 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:18 PM

So far I think that all of the "swaps" have allowed the customer to keep their HR10-250 DVR. DirecTV doesn't actually take them back.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   johnchart

johnchart

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:37 PM

My installer due next Weds. DTV customer retention said I can keep my 10-250 as long as I don't deactivate it.

John

#5 OFFLINE   pgtogo84bsxy

pgtogo84bsxy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:11 PM

I just talked to D* and finally, I was able to get the HR20. The guy I talked to told me that they'd do a swap out and install the new dish. I looked at the work order online and it isn't very specific. I was wondering when the installer comes (probably Ironwood Communications), can I have him move the HR10 to replace the D11 in one bedroom on a standard tv and add an extra sat line there and just have the HR20 in my room (where the HR10 was originally)?

Nothing on the work order really says which receiver to take. The rep told me that if I need any extra sat lines to negotiate that with the installer when he comes because they might charge a fee. Any ideas or did anyone do what I just thought of?

#6 OFFLINE   jmsbna

jmsbna

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:59 AM

I had my install on Tuesday. Everything went well. My work order showed a swap of my HR10 but I just moved it to another room. The Tech did not want it. I also had an old SD DVR that was being used and when the installer arrived he said he had 2 HR20s to install to replace both my DVRs. I did not agure with him.

#7 OFFLINE   cybrsurfer

cybrsurfer

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:41 AM

The guys are coming out Friday with new dish and HR20. My thing is on the swap out do I just give them my HR10-250. I still have the box and stuff, not sure about some of the cables. I guess I will give them what I got. Do I cut my card up or do I give them my access card too?

If you purchased your HR10 prior to March of 2006 then you shouldn't have to return it. It's not considered leased. Equipment purchased on or after March of 2006 is considered leased and they will send a box out with a fedex label for you to send it back. There is no cost for you to ship it FedEx, it's a prepaid 2 day air box that you will ship to Tennessee. You simply call FedEx 800 number on the slip and they will come right to you door and pick it up to go back to DirecTV.

Also you must send the receiver with the original smart card because they are married.

#8 OFFLINE   rdowdy95

rdowdy95

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:54 AM

Yeah it was weird my deal is I told I already had an HR10-250 that I owned, and she was wanting me to swap that one out. I told her I owned it though, then she said well if you want to keep it, it would be $399 total or something for HR20 plus install. I was like well I will do the swap instead for $99. I guess I won't give the installer anything, and I will see if this fedex box comes or not. If it does come I will call them and tell them again that I did buy the receiver. Pretty much bought the HR10-250 from Circuit City for $999 right when the thing came out. So I definately own the thing I wouldn't mind giving it to them if they game me some credits on my account. After using the R15 I kind of like the software interface better than the Tivo one. Tivo has to much graphics and shine. I think it is too damn slow. They kept promising a 6.2 update or 6.3 I don't know. Hell right now I don't care cause I am going to deactivate it, and if they do let me keep it I am selling it on eBay. So guys I am going to have a receiver for sale soon.

#9 OFFLINE   cybrsurfer

cybrsurfer

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:28 AM

Yeah it was weird my deal is I told I already had an HR10-250 that I owned, and she was wanting me to swap that one out. I told her I owned it though, then she said well if you want to keep it, it would be $399 total or something for HR20 plus install. I was like well I will do the swap instead for $99. I guess I won't give the installer anything, and I will see if this fedex box comes or not. If it does come I will call them and tell them again that I did buy the receiver. Pretty much bought the HR10-250 from Circuit City for $999 right when the thing came out. So I definately own the thing I wouldn't mind giving it to them if they game me some credits on my account. After using the R15 I kind of like the software interface better than the Tivo one. Tivo has to much graphics and shine. I think it is too damn slow. They kept promising a 6.2 update or 6.3 I don't know. Hell right now I don't care cause I am going to deactivate it, and if they do let me keep it I am selling it on eBay. So guys I am going to have a receiver for sale soon.

You probably will never get the FedEx box to return, but if you do, you should return it. Otherwise you will be charged for not responding to it. I've read in other posts that others were not required to give back the HR10 if they purchased it prior to March of 2006. They would still call it a swap on the ticket but that doesn't mean that they are going to take it or require it back. You definitely own it since you paid full price for it. It seems you may have gotten a representative whom did not carefully research your account. Call back and ask to speak to a manager, and be polite and calm.

#10 OFFLINE   rdowdy95

rdowdy95

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:06 AM

You probably will never get the FedEx box to return, but if you do, you should return it. Otherwise you will be charged for not responding to it. I've read in other posts that others were not required to give back the HR10 if they purchased it prior to March of 2006. They would still call it a swap on the ticket but that doesn't mean that they are going to take it or require it back. You definitely own it since you paid full price for it. It seems you may have gotten a representative whom did not carefully research your account. Call back and ask to speak to a manager, and be polite and calm.

Yeah if I get one of the boxes I will call back and be calm about it. Just let them know I will have no problem giving the box back if they give me some credit on my account.

I don't care about keeping it, but if I do send it back maybe they can give me some free months of some TV or something.

spam firewall