Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 in Seattle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Babula

Babula

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

Scheduled for install of HR20 and ATS9 10/11/06 at No Charge. I keep my purchased HR10 which moves to the bedroom. 10 years with D* I think is big help.
Bill:)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,683 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:19 PM

Sweet! Say "hi" to the Ironwood guys for me.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   ChromaTick

ChromaTick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:23 PM

Scheduled for install of HR20 on 10-21-2006. CSR said the date was so far out because they are only having their senior techs do the HR20 installs.

No charge, and it's including a relocation of the existing receiver to the kitchen.

They also threw in first four months of HD programming free, six months of Showtime & HBO for $2 a month, $10 off my monthly bill for one year.

So hopefully by then all the bugs will be worked out, and FOX and ABC will be offered. :)

#4 OFFLINE   unclduey

unclduey

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

I have an email form KCPQ saying they are very close. KOMO and I think KCPQ are on Dish so it has to be very soon.

#5 OFFLINE   wezar

wezar

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

Ironwood installed 3 HR20's and the ATS9 today at my place. The tech was new to Ironwood but knew what he was doing. Everything seems good so far.

My family has been a DirecTV sub since 1994. They took good care of us.

Now where is the OTA update....

#6 OFFLINE   digital4fun

digital4fun

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:02 PM

Hello all,
New member here near Mill Creek, WA. I just bought a new Panasonic plasma HDTV so now I need a new box. I’ve been a D* member for about 6 years but this will be my first HD box. A couple of questions before I order the new box:

I’m assuming I contact D* first to place my order and then they have me call Ironwood Communications? (A bit confused on who to contact first)

Do I need to give up my old Tivo box? I upgraded it with a new hard drive and was planning on just moving it upstairs to use with my non-HD TV.

My satellite channels look a bit hazy. Is that normal since I’m using a non-HD box? DVD’s look fine. This could be user error since I just got the new TV about two hours ago from Video Only. (BTW…a great place to shop!)

What are programming credits?

From the posts I’ve read it appears I need the HR20 box along with a new 5LNB dish. Sorry about the long post I just want to make sure I get the right equipment and ask the right questions.

Thanks…..Carter

#7 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,683 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:41 PM

Hello all,
New member here near Mill Creek, WA. I just bought a new Panasonic plasma HDTV so now I need a new box. I’ve been a D* member for about 6 years but this will be my first HD box. A couple of questions before I order the new box:

I’m assuming I contact D* first to place my order and then they have me call Ironwood Communications? (A bit confused on who to contact first)

Do I need to give up my old Tivo box? I upgraded it with a new hard drive and was planning on just moving it upstairs to use with my non-HD TV.

My satellite channels look a bit hazy. Is that normal since I’m using a non-HD box? DVD’s look fine. This could be user error since I just got the new TV about two hours ago from Video Only. (BTW…a great place to shop!)

What are programming credits?

From the posts I’ve read it appears I need the HR20 box along with a new 5LNB dish. Sorry about the long post I just want to make sure I get the right equipment and ask the right questions.

Thanks…..Carter

1. Yes, contact DirecTV to order your equipment. They'll schedule with Ironwood.

2. Most likley you can keep your Tivo DVR. It's nice to have more than one! The installers will make sure you have enough cables for all of your equipment.

3. The standard-definition channels will not look great on your new HDTV. Which video inputs on the TV did you use (SVideo is the best you can use with your current equipment, but you'll want to use HDMI or component when you get your HiDef DVR). You might be able to improve the video somewhat by properly adjusting your TV's video settings (brightness, contrast, sharpness, etc.). A video calibration DVD like Avia or Digital Video Essentials makes it easy. Of course, your HDTV channels will look awesome!
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21

#8 OFFLINE   tojoef

tojoef

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:57 PM

They are coming to do a install of my HR20 on 10/10/2006. I want to do the install myself. The CSR told me he would put that on the order but the installer might not let me do that. Does anyone have any experiences about self install? I hate other people touching my stuff.

#9 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,683 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:15 AM

They are coming to do a install of my HR20 on 10/10/2006. I want to do the install myself. The CSR told me he would put that on the order but the installer might not let me do that. Does anyone have any experiences about self install? I hate other people touching my stuff.

Just installing the HR20 HD DVR is easy. The hard part is installing the new AT9 5-LNB dish. Do you already have that dish? If not, at least the installers setup the dish while you install the HR20 in your AV system.

#10 OFFLINE   tojoef

tojoef

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:56 PM

Does anybody know who they are and what their phone number
thanks

#11 OFFLINE   sealslayer

sealslayer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:10 AM

Finally had my new HR20 installed today. It was originally scheduled for installation on 10/1, but they canceled due to lack of HR20 availability. I have a separate order scheduled for a 2nd HR20, but Ironwood did not want to combine the orders (first and second HR20) due to lack of availability of the HR20. I'm supposed to get the second one on Oct 19th.

Good luck to everyone else in the Seattle area. The installer says supplies are really low and Ironwood is trying to get customers at least 1 unit asap. There may be a delay in getting multiple units. I'm happy for now and plan on doing a little playing with this tonight.

First impression is that I hate 30 second slip. Otherwise, it appears to be doing the job correctly. I'll know better later this weekend.

#12 OFFLINE   ChromaTick

ChromaTick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

I ordered mine on 9-20-06 and the earliest install date they had for me was 10-21-06. (I'm starting to think that wasn't true)

So they darn well better have one for me in 15 days. :)

#13 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,683 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:36 AM

I ordered mine on 9-20-06 and the earliest install date they had for me was 10-21-06. (I'm starting to think that wasn't true)

So they darn well better have one for me in 15 days. :)

The HR20's are in short supply right now.

#14 OFFLINE   hobodog

hobodog

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 03:22 PM

I must be lucky. I ordered from Directtv online On 10/2 and their going to install on 10/9. I could have gotten 10/8 but I chose 10/9. :D

#15 OFFLINE   Spazzman

Spazzman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

I must be lucky. I ordered from Directv online On 10/2 and their going to install on 10/9. I could have gotten 10/8 but I chose 10/9. :D

I already consider myself pretty darn lucky. :) -- I called movers hotline. I am building a new home in Wisconsin. I am still amazed I am #1 building a new home and #2 I was lucky enough to get the deal I got from Directv.

I called in early september and the earliest install date was like 9-29 or something. I told them that I can not occupy my new home until the week of 10-16 which now the builder tells me that I can't get in until at least 10-20 plus my wife is having a baby scheduled to be enduced on 10-20 anyway (sorry for the rant there) directv gave me the following after a pleasent conversation with a CSR:

#1 Absolutely Free HR20 DVR
#2 $10 credit for 1 year - HD Package
#3 $6 credit for 6 months - HBO
#4 Two Year Commitment to DTV - :rolleyes:
#5 Purchased the $5 insurance deal where they replace equip. when it breaks
#6 Free new Dish
#7 Free Installation

I have been a DTV customer for a long time but I was still quite shocked when they gave me this deal with little effort.

Question:

My builder told me - "Nope, you can't occupy the property until atleast the 20th of October." :bad_nono: I don't want to transport my HDTV up there just to haul it back to storage so DTV can hook up my HR20. Will they hook the HR20 up to a little standard def TV for me then I will take the box back to my temporary home until I can finally move in?

Steve

#16 OFFLINE   AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:06 PM

I already consider myself pretty darn lucky. :) -- I called movers hotline. I am building a new home in Wisconsin. I am still amazed I am #1 building a new home

congrats! We just bought our first house a couple months ago. We love it!

Question:

My builder told me - "Nope, you can't occupy the property until atleast the 20th of October." :bad_nono: I don't want to transport my HDTV up there just to haul it back to storage so DTV can hook up my HR20. Will they hook the HR20 up to a little standard def TV for me then I will take the box back to my temporary home until I can finally move in?

Steve

I don't see why not. It's definately doable. I was using a little 7" Portable DVD Player with my DirecTV TiVO just 2 days ago to point a new dish. Worked like a champ. (Just make sure the portable DVD Player has a line input.)

#17 OFFLINE   ChromaTick

ChromaTick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:41 PM

I must be lucky. I ordered from Directtv online On 10/2 and their going to install on 10/9. I could have gotten 10/8 but I chose 10/9. :D

Yeah, I think was definitely screwed on the one month installation date. I'm honestly not that upset about it, but I will be if they tell me they don't have any units on the 21st (my install date).

#18 OFFLINE   ChromaTick

ChromaTick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:52 AM

Well, I called Ironwood today and they confirmed my install for Saturday. They said they had the HR20's in stock and also confirmed the proper 6x8 switch.

Here's hoping nothing changes between now and then. :)

#19 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,683 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:21 PM

Well, I called Ironwood today and they confirmed my install for Saturday. They said they had the HR20's in stock and also confirmed the proper 6x8 switch.

Here's hoping nothing changes between now and then. :)

Keep us posted!

#20 OFFLINE   burnside

burnside

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:04 PM

Ironwood also confirmed my appointment for Monday. I'll write back to tell you how it goes.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...