Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help with recording to an external device

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   roscoeV

roscoeV

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

I justed switched to Dish and I have a 622 and a 625. I also have a S2 tivo that I connected to the 622 TV2 output and was hoping to use it for live recordings as an external device. The problem I'm having is the screen saver kicks in and all I'm recording is the screen saver. This happens when I record something in the wee hours of the morning. (I did dot try this with my 625 yet)

I have the "Inactivity Standby" feature disabled but it doesn't help. I'm also recording the same program on the DVR with TV2 at the same time and expected the screen saver to go away but it doesn't.

So here are my questions:

1. Does anyone know if there is something I can do to resolve this?
2. Will I have the same issue with the 625?
3. Will I have the same issue with the 211 if I ask for a receiver swap?

I like the tivo because of the ability to transfer shows to and from my PC. If and when Dish has these enhancements, I will get rid of my tivo.

Thanks!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:53 AM

Did you try an auto-tune timer set to fire shortly before the show you want to record? That should take the 622 out of standby mode.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#3 OFFLINE   roscoeV

roscoeV

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

Did you try an auto-tune timer set to fire shortly before the show you want to record? That should take the 622 out of standby mode.

Yes, I set up auto tune timers (TV2) for the shows directly before the shows I want to record but all I have on the tivo is the Dish logo screen saver. I'll give it another try tonight and see what happens.

Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   Larry Caldwell

Larry Caldwell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:44 PM

Do you have some reason for leaving the 622 turned on? Why not set a tuner timer and turn the 622 off. It will turn on when the timer fires, and turn off again after the show is over. No screen saver.

#5 OFFLINE   roscoeV

roscoeV

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

Do you have some reason for leaving the 622 turned on? Why not set a tuner timer and turn the 622 off. It will turn on when the timer fires, and turn off again after the show is over. No screen saver.

Larry,

Thanks, I never thought about that. I'll give it a try and let you know if it works.

Roscoe

#6 OFFLINE   roscoeV

roscoeV

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:19 AM

Larry,

Thanks!! That did the trick. I'll program the 622 power off sequence into my Pronto remote and I should be good to go.

Roscoe

spam firewall