Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

522 - TV1 - Controlled by UHF?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bs0

bs0

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

hi,

i have checked that my tv1 is _not_ set to be controlled by uhf - yet downstairs i have a universal remote outputting both IR and UHF whenever i press a button.....it correctly controls the sat receiver downstairs..yet, upstairs the sat receiver also changes, even though it is on tv1 and i didn't think tv1 is controlled by uhf (RF)....

any thoughts how to fix this?

Brett.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:53 PM

Is receiver set to single or dual user mode? If in single then the uhf remote will change tv1 as well as tv2.

#3 OFFLINE   bs0

bs0

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:20 AM

i could not see how to check this in the menus....how to check and can i change to dual mode?...what's the diff??

or do i just put a fat attenuator on the rf input?

#4 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:32 AM

You can only change dual or single mode using the button on the front panel.
  • Single Mode enables PIP in the box, both TVs must view the same thing
  • Dual Mode is like 2 single tuner receivers viewing independently but sharing a common DVR list. The behavior can be modified by your Record Plus Preferences. PIP is disabled.

Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#5 OFFLINE   bs0

bs0

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 03:51 PM

ok, well it seems if i change to either mode via the mode button on the front, i am still able to change tv1 with uhf...not sure what to do about this other than try to find a big attenuator to put on the remote antenna input....

i have this dvr (and another 622) both hooked up to a single tv. If you only have a connection to 1 tv, would the connection change on the back of the dvr if u are in dual or single mode or can u just switch as you want? I find downstairs on my 622, if i am in single mode i can not seem to go to a program on the guide, hit record and have it record on tv2 whilst i still watch the current channel - it automatically changes the channel to the channel i tried to record instead - and i have record plus enabled....is this right?...

#6 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:10 PM

Bs0,

All you have to do is change the remote address on one of your receivers. That will prevent one remote controlling both of your receiver (if that is what is happening).
Bill R

#7 OFFLINE   bs0

bs0

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:51 PM

well, this is wierd - i changed the address (from 7 to 1) and the universal remote i want to use downstairs only is still able to control tv 1!! - the question is why is the dvr able to be controlled via uhf on tv1? independent of what mode it is in:(

the universal remote is a universal urc-200 - i guess i now have to check what rf frequencies it uses and what the 522 accepts/uses...:(

bs

Protected By... spam firewall...And...