Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 dead in Vero Beach, according to installer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bret3d

bret3d

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:52 PM

Well, my attempt at hooking up my father-in-law with the HR20 in Florida has failed on the first attempt. From what I can gather, the guy was in a bad mood to begin with when he couldn't fit the new satellite dish on the same cemented pole as the old one. He had to remove a fence and reset the pole. Then he "tried" to install the HR20 but said it was dead, and left.

I'm not quite buying the "dead" part, but I'm very far away. I bought this HR20 from Best Buy here in Columbus and shipped it down. Best Buy is now sold out. So I called DirecTV to order from them. They are suppose to bring an HR20 to him on Sept. 29th and hopefully they can get one of them working.

My friend just got one installed here on Saturday and the sat guy had many problems getting it hooked up, DirecTV turned it on incorrectly as an HR10 so it sort of worked, and the reset button got stuck so it looked "dead". But he persevered and got it all working. I fear this other guy just got fed up.

Any advice I can give my father-in-law? On the plus side, he joked his install record is still perfect.

Thanks.

-Bret

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,372 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:58 PM

Is your Dad's HR20 installed? Can he connect it up? What seems to be "dead"?
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   bret3d

bret3d

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:17 AM

It's not hooked up, they put it back in the box and he is back to using his TiVo. I really will have to wait until the new installer comes as Bob does not know component from composite so remote diagnosing would be really hard.

spam firewall