Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Want the CBS-HD feed? Read this!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2001 - 10:57 AM

I just got off the phone with the chief engineer of the local CBS affiliate. I had sent him an e-mail asking him if he would talk to Dish network to give them a waiver so I can receive the CBS-HD feed. My local affilliate does not broadcast in HD yet so I saw no reason why I couldn't receive the national HD feed.

He told me he called Dish network and reviewed my situation. Dish Network apparently told him that the local analog feed and the national HD feed fall under the same umbrella as the LIL rules...meaning that if you have LIL in your town, no national feeds of any kind and no waiver...period.

This is unfortunate and I'm very dissapointed with Dish. It seems that my local station wanted to grant me the waver but Dish wouldn't let them because of the LIL rules. What good is a waiver then!

I guess my message is that if you have LIL and want the CBS-HD feed and your local affiliate is not owned and operated by CBS....Good luck!

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2001 - 10:27 AM

I got tired of the hassle with my local station. Got a Star Choice system instead

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2001 - 04:35 PM

Forgive my ignoramousness, but hat is a Star Choice system???

Nick :smokin:

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2001 - 06:06 PM

Star Choice is one of 2 Canadian DBS providers, the other being Bell Express Vu.

Steve

spam firewall