Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Have any of you guys been told this by D*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

I have 2 HR10-250's. One owned that I purchased in Feb. 05 for 1000.00(I know, I'm a sucker). The other free from the NFLST free giveway under the Lease Progam.

When I originally set this up a couple of weeks ago I was told by the retention CSR (I always call retention for just about everything, no NOOB CSR's) that I can keep my two existing HR10's if I keep them activated. So I left it at that. At the end of the ordering process I have two HR20's coming for 99.00.

Today I checked my work order on-line for my upcoming HR20 upgrade this coming Tuesday. I noticed the work order had two line that said "Replace Swap HR20 IRD". So I called retention and spoke to a very nice gentleman named Travis that has been w/ D* for 7 years. This guy was very knowledgable from what I could tell and didn't sound like he was a BS'er at all. I asked what exactly that meant and it sounded like they wanted me to give up my two HR10's. He said yes that's correct.
Of course I has a problem with that and said I'm not giving up my owned HR10 even though it's only worth a couple hundred bucks at best. So He starts reading this whole list of rules and policies about the HR20 upgrade/rollout.
At the end of this (10-15 minutes) he tells me this.

In my case since I have two existing HR10's one owned and one leased I can keep both as they are (1- owned and 1 leased). Then he goes on to tell me that the two HR20's I have coming will be 1- owned and 1 will be leased.

So in the end:

1 existing owned HR10 stays owned
1 existing leased HR 10 stays leased
then
1 HR20 is owned
1 HR20 is leased

Basically everything being even, it's tit for tat. So if what I'm being told is correct if you have for example 2 owned HR10 and 1 HR10 leased and order 3 HR20's from D*, it will be 2 owned and 1 will be leased.

I don't recall reading anything like this on this forum. My apologies for the length of this post. I tried to keep it short and sweet but w/ enough info to make a little bit of sense. I asked this guy three times to recheck and read to me what the policy said. Granted it took 10 minutes for him to read this whole "policy" that he has at his end. It was like he was reading a EULA.

Anyway, anybody been told this before. I thought everything was leased that came directly from D*. If you guys have to call for anything else in in the near future ask about this. Ask them to read it out loud and the whole thing.
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall