Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
942 remote 2 controlling 811
Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:14 AM
how can i keep this from happening?
Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:47 AM
Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:45 AM
1. Go to your TV with the 811, turn it on.
2. Press the Sys Info button on your 811's front panel, do this directly at the receiver or you can end up reprogramming your 942 at the same time.
3. On your 811's remote, press and hold the "SAT" button until you see all 4 mode lights blink, then press a number other than what you already see for remote address in the Sys Info box on your TV.
4. Press the "#" pound button to change the remotes address.
5. Press the "Record" button to change the receiver's remote address.
Your done, you just changed the remote address.
BTW, I don't recommend using remote address 1 as this is the default and is probably what your neighbors also use.
Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:49 AM