Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Did L3.63 improve your 622?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Did L3.63 improve your 622? (159 member(s) have cast votes)

Did L3.63 improve your 622?

1. My ViP622 is working fine, without issues. (16 votes [10.06%])

Percentage of vote: 10.06%

2. My ViP622 is still expierencing minor/major issues. Any major issue has a reasonable work arounds. (17 votes [10.69%])

Percentage of vote: 10.69%

3. My ViP622 is still problem ridden, major issues with no work arounds. (8 votes [5.03%])

Percentage of vote: 5.03%

4. Version L3.63 is working better for me than the previous version. (10 votes [6.29%])

Percentage of vote: 6.29%

5. Version L3.63 is the same as the previous version for me. (16 votes [10.06%])

Percentage of vote: 10.06%

6. Version L3.63 is a step back from the previous version for me (26 votes [16.35%])

Percentage of vote: 16.35%

7. Yes I am experiencing audio issues since L3.63 (49 votes [30.82%])

Percentage of vote: 30.82%

8. No I am not experiencing audio issues with L3.63 (17 votes [10.69%])

Percentage of vote: 10.69%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:48 PM

We have had L3.63 for a few days and given we might get an update pretty soon, Figured I should get the poll up. Same poll as before.

This poll actually is three polls in one.

Poll 1 (How is your 622 behaving after getting L3.60?)
Pick one of the First three choices to indicate how your 622 is behaving after you received the update.

Poll 2 (How is your 622 behaving compared to previous version?)
Pick one of the 2nd group of choices to indicate how your 622 is behaving after you received the update.

Poll 2 (Are you having any audio Issues with 3.63?)
Pick one of the 3nd group of choices to indicate if you are having issues with audio. I know some have multiple 622s so this is a per household answer. If you are having any audio issues with any of your 622s that appear to be introduced with 3.63 mark yes otherwise mark no.

Couple of Tips:
Be sure to vote in all three polls if applicable. If you vote problem ridden, feel free to indicate why you voted that way (Remember we are in the support forum ). Same goes with why you voted it was a step back. Since we already have two threads dealing with audio issues, no need to repost those experiences here.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

I voted that this software was a step backwards for me. This software was rushed out so Dish could make the press releases that they will have video on demand features for the Abc /Nbc shows etc. It did nothing but cause audio/video problems and it didn't even enable the very button that the software was spooled for.

Although it was bad the first night with video freezes followed by audio gone and then the spontaneous reboots , I have got my 622 back to where it was before the update. I had to do a switch check to clear the matrix with no sat cables connected . Then I did a power cord reboot and left it unplugged for 1 minute . Then I reran the check switch with the sat cables connected. This seemed to have fixed my problems.

I have instances where the audio is not in synch sometimes but all I had to do was change the channel and it came back. All in all a crappy software update that did nothing but add pain to me as a user and gave me NO new useable features.

THat is what happens when you rush software out the door at the last minute to take advantage of press releases touting new free video on demand features.

#3 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 865 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

OK Mike, after a disaster trying to watch Prison Break last night, I have now gone through your procedure to clear the switch matrix (should not need to be doing this) and a power cord reboot with it unplugged for two minutes. Will see if this evenings viewing works better than last night.

My 622 had been running almost without flaw until this latest download (L3.63).

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#4 OFFLINE   NightRyder

NightRyder

Legend

• Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:25 PM

Mixed results. Fixed my seldom working Caller ID, Introduced intermittent audio dropouts.

NightRyder
Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.

#5 OFFLINE   ebaltz

ebaltz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:32 PM

Mixed results. Fixed my seldom working Caller ID, Introduced intermittent audio dropouts.

NightRyder

Everything works okay for me, but now Caller ID doesn't work since 3.63
Dish HD w/ 1 Hopper and 3 Joey, PS3, Sony HN1000 Receiver and Sony Bravia HX800 3D TV

#6 OFFLINE   Grampa67

Grampa67

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:09 PM

I had a phone call last night and it muted the audio.

My biggest gripe is lip sync. Last night was the worst that I have ever had. It was 95% corrected by changing channels.

#7 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:42 PM

My 622 had been running almost without flaw until this latest download (L3.63).

Same here, L3.63 is a disaster though, how on earth could they have screwed up so badly with this firmware?

And how soon before it's fixed? It better be days and not weeks. Just re-load L3.60 if they don't know what they are doing with L3.63.

You know, I read and heard all the horror stories about how Dish uses it's paying subscribers as their beta testers and I pretty much chalked it up to internet BS. Well, there's no doubt in my mind now that that is exactly what they do, there is absolutely no excuse for Dish to update to FW that apparently has screwed up over 50% of their installed base.

#8 OFFLINE   cooldude919

cooldude919

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:44 PM

Same here, L3.63 is a disaster though, how on earth could they have screwed up so badly with this firmware?

And how soon before it's fixed? It better be days and not weeks. Just re-load L3.60 if they don't know what they are doing with L3.63.

You know, I read and heard all the horror stories about how Dish uses it's paying subscribers as their beta testers and I pretty much chalked it up to internet BS. Well, there's no doubt in my mind now that that is exactly what they do, there is absolutely no excuse for Dish to update to FW that apparently has screwed up over 50% of their installed base.

New software/firmware is due out tomorrow to fix these problems.

#9 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:46 AM

I'll be looking for it. :)

#10 OFFLINE   Nick456

Nick456

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:42 AM

I have both audio drops and picture corruption with L3.63. Does anyone know, how much pretesting does Dish actually do before releasing an update? L3.60 was one of the first times I did not wish I had gone with digital cable instead of Dish. I expect to be able to watch TV when I turn it on, just like picking up the phone and getting a dial tone.

#11 OFFLINE   kmcnamara

kmcnamara

Icon

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:33 AM

I expect to be able to watch TV when I turn it on, just like picking up the phone and getting a dial tone.

Well, you can watch TV, you just can't hear it. :D

Hopper w/ Sling, Hopper 2000, 1 Joey

#12 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:33 PM

L3.65 is out.. so closing thread.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

Protected By... spam firewall...And...