Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hard Drive Died, Upgrade to 622 Not Allowed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   welchwarlock

welchwarlock

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:26 AM

My 921 HDD died. During playback of recorded shows it pauses makes a clink sound, then continues for a few seconds.

Called dish, and I am pleased to say they did not make me power cycle, reset, or go through any other ineffective trouble shooting steps.

I asked if I could upgrade it to a 622, and was told that only one 622 upgrade was allowed per account, which really stinks because I only get about 1/5th of the HD programming on the 921 since they turned it off when I upgraded my other unit to a 622. All they can do is send me another 921.

I was told my best option was to buy a 622 on Ebay wow Dish told me to go to Ebay!

Cheers,
R.C.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mwgiii

mwgiii

Gaming Guru and Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:29 PM

Try ceo@echostar.com

I have seen some customers get another 622 that way.

#3 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

You can buy one for $499 here: http://www.dishstore...products_id=268
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...