Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

? 3 recording options ????

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crenita

crenita

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:03 AM

I noticed something a few days ago that when recording a show on #1 and #2 at the same time , that if I go back to #1 I can switch stations and watch a third show LIVE ? I thought I was seeing things but tried it a number of times and it continues..
Now I scheduled some shows for recording later this week and usually a get a Conflict notice when I have 3 shows set up I now see that it states recording 2 events on #! and one event for #2 ...... what is going on ???
Has this been available all along I am not aware of it ???????????

#2 OFFLINE   gsarjeant

gsarjeant

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:06 AM

I noticed something a few days ago that when recording a show on #1 and #2 at the same time , that if I go back to #1 I can switch stations and watch a third show LIVE ? I thought I was seeing things but tried it a number of times and it continues..
Now I scheduled some shows for recording later this week and usually a get a Conflict notice when I have 3 shows set up I now see that it states recording 2 events on #! and one event for #2 ...... what is going on ???
Has this been available all along I am not aware of it ???????????

Yes, with limitations. You can record an OTA show and a satellite show simultaneously on output 1 (one on the OTA tuner, one on SAT tuner 1), and a second satellite show on output 2 (on SAT tuner 2).

#3 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:13 AM

The sat tuner 1 and the OTA tuner both show the green 1. They should have used something different for the OTA tuner but for some reason it looks the same as sat tuner 1. So, you can record something on the sat tuner 1 and still watch an OTA program, or record something on the OTA tuner and watch something on the sat tuner 1. But, you can not record something and watch something different live using the same tuner.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#4 OFFLINE   normang

normang

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:00 PM

It would be nice if the 1 & 2 recording icons could say something else if your recording an OTA channel not a SAT channel.. Tuner "3" would work...
Norm

#5 OFFLINE   DeputyDawg

DeputyDawg

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

Is there a way (I thought I read it somewhere on here) that the OTA feed can be migrated into the EPG so you can schedule those to record??

Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:40 AM

Is there a way (I thought I read it somewhere on here) that the OTA feed can be migrated into the EPG so you can schedule those to record??

Thanks

To get EPG information, you must subscribe to your locals. Otherwise, OTA channels display as "Digital Service". You can still record by setting up manual timers but it's kind of a pain.

spam firewall