Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

can you watch recorded show in HD on TV2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pj_agni

pj_agni

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:47 AM

Hi Gurus,

Here is my situation. I have two HD tv (one projector in HT room and one plasma). The plasma has built in tuner and projector does not have any tuner. I want to get Vip622 and want to avoid another dish box if possible.

I understand 622 will only send HD signal to TV1 and TV2 can only get SD.

Question: Is there any way to get HD signal to both the TV (they are 50' apart). If I can't get HD signal to both the TV, but can I watch shows that are recorded in HD on TV2 and get HD quality picture on TV2?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PJ

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:21 AM

TV2 can only be SD output, you can watch HD shows (both live and recorded) downconverted to SD (they look really good on a SD set, never tried it on an HD set) but the only way you could watch HD on the 2nd set would be a long HDMI or component video cables.

#3 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:25 AM

Try an HDMI splitter. That's what I did.
171 Blu-ray
83 DVD
63 HD DVD

#4 OFFLINE   pj_agni

pj_agni

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:37 AM

Lujan,

How long is your HDMI run to TV2? My run will be about 50' and since HDMI on 622 is bit flaky - I am bit scared of spending all that money on long HDMI cable and splitter to find out that HDMI is not working.

How long you have been using 622 with HDMI?

Regards,

#5 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:35 PM

I've been using HDMI since I got the 622 in April and have had no problems. My run is only to the other side of the wall so it's only about 6 feet. I couldn't tell you how a 50' run would work.
171 Blu-ray
83 DVD
63 HD DVD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...