Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Shutdown / soft reset / hard reset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wahoolions

wahoolions

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:56 AM

Is there a documented process for shutting down, soft resetting and hard resetting a 622? I see a lot of mentions in various threads about these procedures, but I'm unclear how to accomplish each.

Sorry if this is a naive question, but I just don't want to do something I shouldn't. Is shutting down the same as powering off (which isn't really powering off, it's more of a standby mode)?

Thanks for any clarity you all can provide!

-Gary

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:10 AM

There is no document procedure.. here is what I do.

Soft reboot.
Hold the power button on the 622 for a count of ten and then let go.

Hard reset
Pull the power plug from the receiver. What I usually do is make sure I have no recording active at the time. Might also want to place the unit in standby

Stand By
Press the power button on the 622 breifly or on the remote control.

Shutting down
Same as a hard reboot. Just don't plug the unit back in.

I am sure other people do it other ways and will pipe in.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   Jeff P

Jeff P

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:11 AM

If by "resetting" you're referring to "rebooting," there are a couple of different ways.

For the "soft" reboot, you can hold the power button on the actuall receiver in for several seconds. When all of the lights on the box light up, it is rebooting.

For the "hard" reboot, you will need to unplug the unit for several seconds (I usually do about 10) and then the unit will reboot automatically.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...