Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Timer Problems With L3.83 on 625

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:42 AM

I noticed this last week after L3.83 installed. When looking at the Daily Schedule for the next week, a number of programs have been skipped and labled Incorrect Event. But they are the correct event and at the correct time. I have been restoring them but that gets to be a pain. When I looked this am, all the "Incorrect Events" were on the last 2 days of the schedule. I didn't restore them and will look tomorrow to see if maybe the one's for next Moday will be restored when there is only 1 Monday on the schedule.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:57 PM

Tech Support via email wasn't much help. They told me to delete and recreate the events marked "incorrect Event". Also told me the info needed from me to submit a report to engineering. I deleted and recreated and all has been well until this morning. It happened again so I sent the information.

Just curious, am I the only one with this problem?

#3 OFFLINE   kf4omc

kf4omc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:19 PM

since I got 3.83 My 625 dosen't reboot anymore. Almost every problem I been having has gone away. My 625 was rebooting 5 or 6 time a week. Most of the time roght in the middle of prime time programing. For me 3.83 is the best upgrade yet. But it is just me.

#4 OFFLINE   Delta5

Delta5

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:39 PM

. . .Just curious, am I the only one with this problem?

No, you are not alone. Our 625 did this last week with Survivor on Thursday night. Just didn't record it, 'Incorrect Event' listed for the reason. Nice! Looks like I'll be forking out $1.99 to buy the episode from iTunes. Thanks Dish Network! :nono2:

It did have it scheduled for next week. I deleted and re-added the timer just to be on the safe side. My wife was not amused and I got to hear all weekend about how our Tivo never would have done that....

I hope it won't ever do that to Desperate Housewives or Project Runway, as I don't know if I'd be able to stop her from taking a chain saw to the 625! :lol: :nono2:

#5 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

I had deleted and recreated several programs that had that problem and thought everything was ok. Checked this am and there were a couple more. Plus the search function is no longer working correctly. I spoke with a second level support tech after I found the search problem and he quickly said they would send me another unit. Problem is I have about 60 hours of recorded stuff I need to watch first.

#6 OFFLINE   cobra2225

cobra2225

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:24 PM

same problem here with the timmers
For english press 1 to leave a message,
for spanish press2,hang up learn to speak english
and call back.

David :lol:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...