Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Guide Data

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:11 PM

Does it take a while to get complete guide data? I notice that some channels show up with gaps in the guide data..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:14 PM

Took about a day or so for me, about 2 days for the search to fully populate and index the first time. So pretty much like Tivo.

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

It does take the 24 hours.... That is just how DirecTV pushes the guide data out. It pushes the next "6 hours" constantly... then the rest is staggered over a 24 hour period.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:32 PM

Earl, has the HR20 team taken into consideration at all some of the suggestions to store a backup copy of guide data on the HD so that it will load faster on reboots? Just curious, as this is probably my least requested feature addition.

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:36 PM

Earl, has the HR20 team taken into consideration at all some of the suggestions to store a backup copy of guide data on the HD so that it will load faster on reboots? Just curious, as this is probably my least requested feature addition.

They have seen it... but they are more focused on getting rid of the reasons to reboot so often.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

They have seen it... but they are more focused on getting rid of the reasons to reboot so often.

Yep, that's definitely one of the things higher on my request list :D

#7 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:33 PM

Okay cool thats what I figured.. Thanks for the confirmation guys..

Protected By... spam firewall...And...