Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Did L3.65 improve your 622?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Did L3.65 improve your 622? (159 member(s) have cast votes)

Did L3.65 improve your 622?

1. My ViP622 is working fine, without issues. (47 votes [29.56%])

Percentage of vote: 29.56%

2. My ViP622 is still expierencing minor/major issues. Any major issue have reasonable work arounds. (31 votes [19.50%])

Percentage of vote: 19.50%

3. My ViP622 is still problem ridden, major issues with no work arounds. (15 votes [9.43%])

Percentage of vote: 9.43%

4. Version L3.65 is working better for me than the previous version. (25 votes [15.72%])

Percentage of vote: 15.72%

5. Version L3.65 is the same as the previous version for me. (21 votes [13.21%])

Percentage of vote: 13.21%

6. Version L3.65 is a step back from the previous version for me (20 votes [12.58%])

Percentage of vote: 12.58%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:04 AM

We have had L3.65 for a few days so I Figured It is time for the poll. Same poll as before so be sure to pipe in.

This poll actually is three polls in one.

Poll 1 (How is your 622 behaving after getting L3.65?)
Pick one of the First three choices to indicate how your 622 is behaving after you received the update.

Poll 2 (How is your 622 behaving compared to previous version?)
Pick one of the 2nd group of choices to indicate how your 622 is behaving after you received the update.

Couple of Tips:
Be sure to vote in all both polls if applicable. If you vote problem ridden, feel free to indicate why you voted that way (Remember we are in the support forum ). Same goes with why you voted it was a step back.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:17 AM

L365 has improved my receivers as compared to L363. Neither are better than L360. It seems that the software engineers brought back old bugs from L351 and before. I do like the addition of the episode information. I prefer that the bugs get squashed before adding enhancements.

#3 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:34 PM

The only reason I voted that it is a step back is because I don't think many of us are getting consistent signal readings on 129 (on transpondor 7 in my case) for the digital (HD) locals. They seem to go from the lower 60s on one day to the lower 80s on another. No rhyme or reason for the inconsistency. I know about black outs or whatever they call them but this is not the case. I'm also not sure whether this is a software issue or not.
171 Blu-ray
83 DVD
63 HD DVD

#4 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:44 PM

Lujan.. Thanks for piping in for why you voted step back.. Good to know the reasons why..
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#5 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

Hard to tell any difference for me.

The only good things added recently are the original air dates (which usually are accurate... although Nothing But Trailers is always dated something like 6/6/03).

I still get the audio dropouts on HD Content which can usually be cured by jumping back 15 seconds.

Also, is it just me or have they improved the overscan problem? Bringing up "normal" doesn't chop off the sides like it did (based on the fact that tickers and bugs aren't cut in half anymore)
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

Also, is it just me or have they improved the overscan problem? Bringing up "normal" doesn't chop off the sides like it did (based on the fact that tickers and bugs aren't cut in half anymore)

We've noticed that the Partial Zoom seems to 'squish' things more than when we had L3.60 - my husband hates to watch the flattened people and so is using the Zoom more often which I don't like because it cuts sooooo much off the top and bottom.

#7 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:11 PM

L365 is some better then L363 because it fixes the major audio loss, however L365 is still not at good as L361 was for me. So, L363/365 is a step back from L361 because I still get some audio problems, mostly studder and a few drop outs that correct quickly without requiring any action. L361 was very solid for me.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#8 OFFLINE   Larry Kenney

Larry Kenney

Legend

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:17 PM

I've had my 622 since February and have only had about three reboots during that time... until L3.65. Now I've had four reboots in the past three days!

If I'm watching a playback of a show that's still being recorded, everything locks up when the recording ends. I get a flash of LIVE TV on the screen in the upper right hand corner, then everything freezes. Nothing on the remote works. After a minute or two, the DVR reboots. I've missed the beginning of three shows as a result of this, because the new recordings don't start until after the reboot is complete.

Everything was working great until this new software was downloaded. Give me back L3.61!

Larry
SF

#9 OFFLINE   langlin

langlin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:23 PM

I voted "improved" because it seems to have cleared the audio problem I had, where the audio would drop for a half second every three seconds and would last for thirty seconds and then clear. I only had this about once a day and I have not had it since 365. I don't have any other issues that I am aware of.

-Leon
Sending pictures through the air is impossible, Television will never work!

Leon
Dish VIP722K
SW L6.62 Sat 1000 and 500 61.5/110/119/129
AbsoluteHD
Monitor Toshiba TW65x81 Component and Samsung HL-T7288W
Other Dish VIP612 SW L6.09

#10 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:29 PM

I had 2 issues of no audio at all as well as minor audio sync isssues with L.3.63.

L3.65 seems to have cleared them up.
Mike

"I always wanted to be a scientist, and now I are one."

#11 ONLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:00 PM

Just had a new problem last night. While watching a recording made on 10/03 it started making a rapid snapping or cracking sound. Tried skipping back with no cure then skipped forward a couple of times and it finally quit making the noise.
With the above and the severe pixelation from time to time, I have to say that my 622 is definately much worse now than it was with the previous software version.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#12 OFFLINE   AVJohnnie

AVJohnnie

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:59 AM

Ron, I had to vote both “Working better than previous” – Because most of my audio drop-out issues that started with L3.63 were improved by L3.65. But I also had to vote “A step back” because the pause/jump-to-live bug that started in L3.63 and remains L3.65 is really a PITA. :)

#13 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:11 AM

Well AVJohnnie.. if it was also in 3.63 then it was not a step back from the previous version. ;) :lol: Hopefully they will get that one address in the next update. It can be annoying for sure.

#14 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:20 AM

Well AVJohnnie.. if it was also in 3.63 then it was not a step back from the previous version. ;) :lol: Hopefully they will get that one address in the next update. It can be annoying for sure.

Needed one more option "3.65 is still a step back from 3.60"! Then you would have had all your bases covered!!!!:lol:

#15 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

Thought about that one.. Maybe a seperate poll but I wanted to be consistent so when I update the charts it reflects the same question. Basically I see it as 3.63 took us off track, 3.65 got us back on track but for some we will might be a bit back from where 3.60 had us. HOpefully next release everyone one will leapfrog over 3.60 in terms of features and reliability.

#16 OFFLINE   Rommel

Rommel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:40 AM

Voted a step back from previous version. No, I don't lose audio to a point where I have to reboot the receiver but since the update I've been getting audio and video drop outs. It was better to reboot the receiver once a day than having to deal with audio and video loss constantly while watching a program. The most annoying thing was decrease in PQ. I don't know if this is Dish's fault or the channel. but several HD channels don't look like HD most of the time.

#17 OFFLINE   AVJohnnie

AVJohnnie

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

Well AVJohnnie.. if it was also in 3.63 then it was not a step back from the previous version. ;) :lol:.

Absolutely correct Ron... But I have to get my digs in somehow... ;) After all, don’t want E* to keep this one on the back-burner for too long… :P

Hopefully they will get that one address in the next update. It can be annoying for sure.

If it’ll help any, I’ll keep my fingers crossed... :lol:

#18 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:16 AM

For anyone interested. Update the Charts...

http://www.dbstalk.c...0024#post670024

#19 OFFLINE   Mathew

Mathew

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:57 AM

I had no problems with the ViP622 until this latest update.

The problems I've experienced have happened randomly and only once for each problem. All have required a reboot.

1. Changing to an OTA channel - no audio or video on any channel.

2. Changing from an OTA channel - no audio or video on any channel.

3. Changing from an OTA channel - a frozen Point Dish screen pops up.

4. Re-positioning OTA antennae - no audio or video on any channel when closing "Local Channels" screen.

5. Hitting Stop when watching a DVR event and switching to an OTA channel - no audio or video on any channel. (This has actually happened several times.)

:nono:

#20 OFFLINE   articos

articos

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:24 AM

Well, 3.65 helped with the major audio problems, and seems to have cleaned up a lot of the macroblocking on my 622 for whatever reason, but it's introduced a few new issues that are just as annoying, like the buffer bug.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...