Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Twenty Five More Local HD Markets Named

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   lionsrule

lionsrule

Godfather

• Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:22 PM

DIRECTV to Deliver Local HD Programming in 67 Markets by Year End
Twenty Five More Local HD Markets Named; Approximately 74 Percent of U.S. Television Homes will have Access to Local HD Channels from DIRECTV

http://phx.corporate...4114&highlight=

I just wanted to remind everyone what the first post of this thread stated. They sure are churning these babies out fast aren't they? Three cities in 7 weeks? Damn, that means they only need 22 in the next 5 weeks.......

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#122 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,418 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:50 PM

Damn, that means they only need 22 in the next 5 weeks.......

We haven't forgotten. The people grooming DirecTV for sale have simply reduced the expectations steadily as new cities aren't launched. At this point, they've reduced the expectations to two markets per week. They won't get another chance to mislead investors until February.

#123 OFFLINE   Capmeister

Capmeister

Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:35 PM

I don't anticipate any new cities until Mid November, all 25 may be rolled out by the end of 1Q 2007. This is realistic. I don't expect my market (Flint, MI) to be lit up until 1Q '07. D* is being wildly optimistic with "25 by the end of the year".

I was just curious and called D* to ask when Flint might get HD LiL's and the CSR said LATE 2007. So 4Q 2007. Take it with a grain of salt--it's a CSR, you know? But that's what she said.
--Cap

-------------------------
TVSHOWBOARDS.COM

#124 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:25 PM

Does any one know a new estimate on the NORFOLK, VA HD LOCALS? I don't see it on the new list so I'm guessing its delayed again. FIOS TV Is scheduled to launch on some time I jan 2007 and they should have all the hd locals, D* is falling behind in this market.

#125 OFFLINE   Malibu13

Malibu13

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:11 PM

Does any one know a new estimate on the NORFOLK, VA HD LOCALS? I don't see it on the new list so I'm guessing its delayed again. FIOS TV Is scheduled to launch on some time I jan 2007 and they should have all the hd locals, D* is falling behind in this market.

"LATE 2007"

See my latest post: http://www.dbstalk.c...8795#post748795

Protected By... spam firewall...And...