Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Grand Theft Auto:Vice City

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 12:52 PM

Damn this looks good! I think we have the "must buy" game of the fall!

http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecity/

Looks like they got the 80's down perfectly!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 04:43 PM

I'm jealous, I want it :)
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#3 OFFLINE   Unthinkable

Unthinkable

• Registered
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 06:33 PM

I keep wanting to head out and pickup Quantum Redshift for the X-Box to feed my Wipeout fixations.
"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." (Capt. Jack Aubrey)

#4 OFFLINE   Unthinkable

Unthinkable

• Registered
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 07:30 PM

http://www.ebgames.c...&popf_id=223734

Looks like lots and lots of consumer demand and hype for this one.  642 customer previews already.  Can't remember this much frenzy over a future release in quite some time.

I heard the other day that Ray Liotta provided his voice for the main character (Tommy) and that you can beat people up with screwdrivers, chainsaws, machetes, and M60's.

#5 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 08:33 PM

Hows GTA2 comparered to the rest? I saw GTA2 of PC at WalMart for $10. I almost picked it up.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#6 OFFLINE   Unthinkable

Unthinkable

• Registered
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 09:04 PM

From what I remember, it would probably be worth it at ten bucks, but not much more. I think that one was a top down presentation style where you have a "god" perspective looking down from the clouds at cars on the streets below. Still a good game that shouldn't tax an average PC, but nowhere near as involving as 3 by any means.
"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." (Capt. Jack Aubrey)

#7 OFFLINE   Jasonbp

Jasonbp

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 09:48 PM

At work we maxed out our preorder of 200. We have had alot of mad people leave the store when they found that out.

I had a copy on preorder, but I dropped it when I saw "True Crime: The Streets of LA" for Xbox. Just look's like a better game to me, but don't tell that to the PS2 fanboy's I work with. They'll kill me.

EDIT: Yeah for $10 for GTA2 isn't a bad deal. I don't remember alot about it either. I think at work it was going for $18 used on the Dreamcast. At that price it's.

#8 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Topic Starter
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 10:47 PM

Well while I am more excited about GTA:Vice City, I am looking at True Crime and Halo 2 to same my investment in my XBox. I'm getting close to selling it, but True Crime looks like a keeper.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...