Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

625 Audio turns on mysteriously

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pjv63

pjv63

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:14 PM

Started last night and has occurred several times today.....

An hour or so after turning the 625 off, audio will suddenly start up, but the screen still has the 'Press Select....' screen. As soon as I press Select, the DVR changes channels to the correct channel. The wierd thing is I can't determine which channel the audio is coming from. I don't get any premium channels, but it sounds like it is coming from one of those channels due to the language (I checked all of the channels I do get, and none of them matched up with what I was hearing when it was off). This has happened 4 times now. Anyone alse have an experience like this ?

I am running L3.83...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rmroadee

rmroadee

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:03 PM

Started last night and has occurred several times today.....

An hour or so after turning the 625 off, audio will suddenly start up, but the screen still has the 'Press Select....' screen. As soon as I press Select, the DVR changes channels to the correct channel. The wierd thing is I can't determine which channel the audio is coming from. I don't get any premium channels, but it sounds like it is coming from one of those channels due to the language (I checked all of the channels I do get, and none of them matched up with what I was hearing when it was off). This has happened 4 times now. Anyone alse have an experience like this ?

I am running L3.83...

I also have a 625 that does the same thing. I am wondering if it has to do with the new Entertainment feature?

#3 OFFLINE   daddy111178

daddy111178

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:10 PM

call csr and they will tell you about new problems and if they need to be ra

#4 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:08 PM

I doubt most CSRs would have a clue. They never seem to.

#5 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:44 AM

Nope. This is standard when these DVR's come on to record something. Including when records a Dish on Demand and the new TV Entertainmaints. Possibly could be fixed by a software update. Most will not notice this at all since you must have an audio amp active and connected to notice it. So its a extremely low priority to fix it.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

spam firewall